Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took our Dart Aero in for first oil change at local dealer where we purchased and got quite the shock when done - $73. I know oil has gone up, but really!! Will be doing my own changes in future just got to figure out what brand oil (5W-40) and filter to get & then find available... I looked at local Walmart and the have Shell Rotella T6 & Mobil 1 fully synthetic, but both in this weight state Turbo Diesel & then other four stroke engines...

Larry J

·
Registered
768 Posts
Does your service recept list the oil used? You will prob get opinions on brand but as long as you stick with a good quality filter and synthetic. Ask the service rep what they use, they will tell you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
my dealer uses Pennzoil 5w40 for my 1.4 dart. about 12 bucks a quart if I want to buy there and 9.59 at autozone. but the cartridge filter at auto zone is 19 bucks!! get it on mp for 6.99!!

those are my findings on the oil change

WR

·
Registered
85 Posts
My car calls for 0-20W. I'm surprised the dealer charged you. Most dealers throw in a few oil changes when you buy new... Our dealer threw in 4 free changes, still have 1 to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts