Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know that RedRallyeGirl and I was talking about a couple of small issues with Kit aka our new Dart. The LED lighting around the cluster went out and the headlights get condensation build up in them. Also, little plastic cap kept popping off the back of the steering wheel. We bought Kit in a different town other than where we live. I called the dealership we bought from and explained the issues. They advised to take Kit to the local dealer by us. The local dealer said sure bring your car by and it will not be a problem. Now we are being told that if they perform the work, they will not get paid. Because they had to take pictures of the headlights and lighting around dash, that means the selling dealer will have to make the repairs. I call BS. I called Dodge and the lady said they have to do the work and that dealer will get a corporate e-mail explaining that they will do the work. So we'll see.

·
Administrator
1,261 Posts
I don't think the selling dealer has to do the work but it's now common for them to have to take pics to send in before any warranty work is approved. Many posts about this on the ChallengerZ.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here it is, 10 days and untold calls to Dodge corporate; my car is still not fixed, local dealer isn't returning calls and corporate is still sending unanswered emails. This sucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did Monday bring you guys better luck?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to have the A pillar moulding replaced on my dart as it was loose. They told me that they had to take pictures for repairs also. They were supposed to call me back within a week. 2-1/2 weeks later I ended up face to face with the service manager and we had a few words. 2 days later I received the phone call to schedule the appointment. My car also didn't come with the front license plate holder. When the plates came in they wanted to screw the front license plate to the bumper. I said like hell you will. They tried to tell me that my car didn't come with a plate holder so I proceded to take the same service manager out to the lot where approximately 50% of the cars had them and 50% didn't. The service manager went straight to the parts department and got it taken care of. I would start with the service manager and if that doesn't work go to the GM. If it gets escalated to the GM usually things get taken care of. Where you purchased the vehicle should not make any difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is crazy, the dealer I used works on cars from other dealers. I know some cases where if you drive a ways to get a better deal they aren't really happy about it, but what happens if you move out of state? are you really supposed to drive for hours to get work done? I don't think so.
I know a Dodge dealer can do Jeep or Chrysler warranty work. No difference to me if it was a Dodge bought from another dealer. They get paid either way.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All of you are correct, it shouldn't matter where I bought my Dart, a dodge dealer should honor the dodge warranty. We contacted the service manager and can not get in contact with the GM. I think we need to walk in and demand to see him. Corporate Dodge just keeps sending emails. If they think they can out wait me, they have another think coming! I'm stubborn and patient. I just get more mad...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Holy crap really hope this get worked out for you! I got the lifetime paint an interior (drive 140+ miles a day) and the dealer said I could go to any dodge to get it redone so hmm... Cause I got mine about 40 miles from where I live not too bad but still all the travel to get something fixed when another dodge dealer right down the street lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally! One month to the day and exactly 1,000 miles, the local dealership took pics of the stuff that needs to be fixed. They told KYJohnny it'd be fixed within a week. All the bull crap that's had to go on to get this far is asinine. I bought a new car so everything would be hassle free. What a joke. This dealership is a joke.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally! One month to the day and exactly 1,000 miles, the local dealership took pics of the stuff that needs to be fixed. They told KYJohnny it'd be fixed within a week. All the bull crap that's had to go on to get this far is asinine. I bought a new car so everything would be hassle free. What a joke. This dealership is a joke.
Well glad to hear they are finally doing something for you guys....too little too late though as far as your experience goes :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
customer IS ALWAYS RIGHT, and if it takes them that long to fix something so simple.. definitely make a complaint.. and not at that dealer, go get names from the dealer that took FOREVER and send those names along with the dealers name and put it up to corporate and COMPLAIN! until something is done. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had same issue with headlights and my dealer had to take pics but they replaced both headlights. within a week...
Hope you guys demand them to be replaced... Dont settle for less... Dodge is aware of the issue with moisture and water getting into the headlights. It is faulty glue used in the seams...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts