Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, SO recently i brought my 2013 Limited 1.4L turbo Dodge Dart with 12,000 Miles on it to My dealers affiliate in a town closer to me than where i bought it. They are both "lester glenn" however this dealership is a Hyundai. They assured me this wouldn't be an issue and the oil change would be fine i just would have to call a few days prior to have the correct filter there. So i got my car back, drove about 2 blocks off the dealership, and my car STALLS. Yes, a brand new car stalls. I got out, and oil was EVERYWHERE. All over the street. I call the dealer right away and make them come pick it up. Two mechanics from the dealer pull up 10 min later and fill it with oil, explaining to me the "new kid" in the shop forgot to put the cap back on all the way and that this shouldn't be an issue but they will check to make sure. So we drove back to the dealership, they inspected it, Gave me a wash and detail and apologized for the inconvenience, so I was on my way. Over the next week, I see oil stains in my driveway, so i called the dealer back and they said i should bring it in to have my engine "steam cleaned" and that oil probably got stuck in places when it all spewed out, so i made my appointment for this Saturday coming. Now today I am driving to work (I commute 140 Miles a day) and Low oil pressure light comes on. Now i am PISSED. i drive immediately to this Hyundai dealership, BARELY getting there while my car would now barely go over 50 mph with a loud whistling noise. I told them i needed a Rental car ASAP and wanted the car fully inspected AGAIN. So i go to work with this rental car expecting a call that would consist of "hey, were sorry, {something} wasnt screwed on right" or "this piece broke" and "were really sorry for the inconvenience but its all fixed now. BOY was i wrong. This guy just called me and tells me My Turbo on the engine is completely ruined, the berrings are now shot, and its all because of a "defective" part of the oil compartment. They are bringing the car on a flat bed to my dealership where i bought the car and have to replace the TURBO, and a bunch of other things i cant remember right now. Point is, i am LIVID!!!!!! Im going up there Monday morning to my dealership and I want a brand new car, this is bullshit. Am i right or wrong?? This car is brand new, I bought it in April. And now it will never be brand new again. Not to mention what future issues await me because of this mishap?? Any advice from anyone?? Do i have a case by telling them to Fix it, and sell it used and give me a brand new caR??

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wow dude that sucks. I would talk to a lawyer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts