Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Ive been shopping around and decided to go place my order last night.

Im looking to get a Limited with the only option being UConnect Nav & Sat radio ($495).

For some reason when the dealer goes to place the order they are unable to get this configuration. They are unable to pair the 2.0 with a 6 speed manual and are forced to pick between two packages being:

1.4T with 6 speed manual or
2.0 with automatic

Even if I was to settle with one of the above, when advancing to the next screen, the system tells them "you must add 17" polished rims and power express sunroof to continue"....adding another ~1300 to the total.

They were cool enough to bring me in the office and show me exactly what was happing on the screen so hopefully someone here may know what my options are.

Im supposed to be getting an update from the dealer today after they speak to their "rep" about the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys,
Ive been shopping around and decided to go place my order last night.

Im looking to get a Limited with the only option being UConnect Nav & Sat radio ($495).

For some reason when the dealer goes to place the order they are unable to get this configuration. They are unable to pair the 2.0 with a 6 speed manual and are forced to pick between two packages being:

1.4T with 6 speed manual or
2.0 with automatic

Even if I was to settle with one of the above, when advancing to the next screen, the system tells them "you must add 17" polished rims and power express sunroof to continue"....adding another ~1300 to the total.

They were cool enough to bring me in the office and show me exactly what was happing on the screen so hopefully someone here may know what my options are.

Im supposed to be getting an update from the dealer today after they speak to their "rep" about the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Not sure if this will help but the way you describe the situation it almost sounds like the ordering software was having issues.

Can I assume you've went out to Dodge.com and it let you configure it the way you wanted? If you haven't tried that yet I would give it a shot. It should generate the correct codes required to order the car once you get through configing it. You can then bring that to the dealer and see if it would help.

As far as I know you should be able to pair the 2.0 with a manual, I believe the manual is standard across all trim levels.

The second issue is what leaves me to believe there was a glitch in the order processing software since both of those are options and should not be required.

I do not work in the industry btw so these are just guesses. You might try another dealer too as the problem could lie between the keyboard and the chair at your current dealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input...

Yea I brought out my build to the dealer and then went directly off of that. Never heard back from them after speaking to the "rep" but hopefully the system gets sorted out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is how it was for me as well. I was getting the 2.0 with Auto anyways, but they had told me that the only way they could order it was with the sunroof and polish wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I posted on a few forums and a few people have been having the same problem with the limited. Hopefully it gets figured out soon..dodge is boasting the 100,000 ways to customize and im being told I need ugly polished rims!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is interesting. I wonder if they're holding all of the manual trans for the 1.4T since you can't get the DDC yet?

To further thicken the stew, I was able to order the sunroof and the standard painted wheels without any issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For reference, here is my full config which had no problems when the dealer placed the order.

DART LIMITED

Colors $0
Black Interior Color $0
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint $0
Options $4,375
Premium Cloth Seats $0
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription $195
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels $0
225/45R17 All Season Tires $0
6-Speed Manual Transmission $0
Monotone Paint $0
1.4-Liter I4 Intercooled Turbo w/ MultiAir(R) Eng $1,300
Uconnect® 8.4N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/SD Card Input $495
Technology Group $995
Power Express Open / Close Sunroof $895
9 Alpine® Speakers with Subwoofer $495
Destination Charge $795
MSRP as Built + Destination $25,165
Net Price $25,165

·
Registered
9 Posts
For reference, here is my full config which had no problems when the dealer placed the order.

DART LIMITED

Colors $0
Black Interior Color $0
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint $0
Options $4,375
Premium Cloth Seats $0
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription $195
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels $0
225/45R17 All Season Tires $0
6-Speed Manual Transmission $0
Monotone Paint $0
1.4-Liter I4 Intercooled Turbo w/ MultiAir(R) Eng $1,300
Uconnect® 8.4N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/SD Card Input $495
Technology Group $995
Power Express Open / Close Sunroof $895
9 Alpine® Speakers with Subwoofer $495
Destination Charge $795
MSRP as Built + Destination $25,165
Net Price $25,165
I thought the Uconnect was standard on the Limited and R/T models?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 8.4" touchscreen is standard. The $495 option included navigation/sat radio capabilities/travel link

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had no problem configuring a Dart like the OP wanted. got to be something the dealer is doing wrong. a 2.0L w/6sp manual should be no problem. the addition of the Nav radio is $495 but there was an additional $195 for the Sat capability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts