Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so as you all know, after i installed an Injen CAI short ram, my car screwed up big time. they said the tranny is no good it needs a new one. so heres the pics of the papers they gave me. with the fault codes n what not.

maybe it was or wasnt the intake?? im not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably just a manufacturing fault or defect, just coincidently happened around the same time you installed the intake. Glad everything is covered!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking maybe the intake messed up the MAF(mass airflow sensor) n screwed up the mixture. i installed the short ram version. so maybe the air that was going in was too warm??

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could be chain reaction. Like because theres more air amd warmer air, the MAF got confused n did the wrong mixture whoch allowed thr tranny to mess up. Ugh cars are just confusing. I wanna put it back on. Anyone wanna make a video on how tp install it? Just to make sure i did it right?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, if you're not going to use the intake anymore and its the gloss black one, I'll buy it off you. Let me know.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How much would you want for it?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dude I'm with jkelly. The engine could be puking its guts out and it would'nt effect the transmission. They are 2 sepperate systems. Now if maybe innadvetantly the trans temp sensor got disconnected or wiring got damaged installing the intake and you went out driving agressively maybe the system didn't know to reduce the shifting if it was getting hot. I thought I read that if you are driving agressively and the tranny gets hot it forces a reduction in shifting on models with the DD clutch to help it cool. Not saying anything, just throwing a thought out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i remember correctly i was in DDC mode. stopped at a red. accelerated on the green maybe to 20km/hr. then bam. i orderd a bad for the intake so maybe thatll reduce heat. and for sure no water will get in either. considering reinstalling it. lil scared tho lol.

its so simple to install.... 3 hoses unclamp and reclamp. tighten straps as much as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No way it's the intake dude. Even if the ecu was changing your mixture there is no way in hades it effected the tranny. Hot air will decrease your boost and not much else. I cant even count how many turbo cars I have seen that dont even have an intake.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i remove the front bumper to install the full CIA it will improve performance?? instead of using the short ram?

·
Administrator
1,261 Posts
if i remove the front bumper to install the full CIA it will improve performance?? instead of using the short ram?
You are only going to get a very small increase in HP with a CAI. Cold air helps but when you add 2 or 3 turns to the tube it cuts down on needed velocity so in the end it all kind of evens out.

·
Administrator
1,261 Posts
I don't think you'll see any difference with it run in either location. The only way to know for sure is to do dyno pulls with it in each location.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im not looking for performance gain really. I just really think the sound it makes is neat. Now with a bran new tranny in my car i should give it some time to loosen up before trying again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts