Dodge Dart Forums banner

Diggin the Dart

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jkelly16 
#1 ·
Just got a 2013 1.4 turbo last week, I got to say it has came a long way since my 1st car in 1991, Back then I bought a 74 dart swinger for 100 bucks and rode out. I think it had 2 switches, lights and wipers lol This little Limited is loaded, I didn't know nothin bout heated steering wheels and all the other options on this jewel, decent power, sips fuel like a hybrid, All and all I'm impressed. Being my new daily driver means I will accessorize it to my likings. So far I have added subs to the trunk, the best place I found to splice in a line level converter was in the bottom of the driver center pillar, you have to pop it back to run your power wire anyways so you get direct access to the rear driver door wire at the pillar, it will be the only set of wires wound together at that location, I only ran the 1 wire set to my line level converter and ran it to both inputs on it, since I run a mono amp the need for stereo at the amp is not needed, 1 wire in both sides of converter, 2 rca's out to amp, no sound lost. I like to keep it simple, I did run a bass knob to the front because the 3 way eq does not give a lot of adjustment, I keep bass level all the way down on the stereo to keep the highs and mids clean. I added a set of weathertech floor liners, tinted the windows 20% all around and 70% on the entire windshield, rain guard's and it is looking and sounding sweet. I have a cold air intake on the way from ebay, shark fin antenna cover, and ordered a 8 ball shifter and shift knob adapter from speed dawg, I shoot a lot of pool and this will be my rides to the tournaments. From what I've seen about people trying to remove the shift knob looks pretty rough, my plan is to tape off the parts I don't want to overheat and use my heat gun, adhesives plus heat equals release. The only issue with the car when I got it was a small oil leak, it stunk, literally, lol Anyways it was a simple fix, it was the gasket at the end of the cam where the brake pump mounts, it was not hard to get there, about a 30 minute job if you have any mechanical know how, the dealer quoted me 32 dollars for the gasket, found it online for $12, but I just added a thin layer of heat resistant rtv and stuck it back together, no leak, if it decides it wants to leak in future I will spring the couple of bucks on the gasket. Also added a new cabin air filter to squash the remaining oil smell in the cab. Anyways Thanks for the add, Pics to come in the future.
See ya at the red light
Johnny G. in TN

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.