Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've never posted before but I have this huge problem in front of me and I wanted to get some opinions.
I bought my Dart GT a few months ago, and I wanted a white GT with the optional sunroof and Alpine speaker system. Well, when I was speaking with the dealers they kept telling me that I couldn't get both. They said that there weren't any GT models available right now with both. What I suggested was that I wait a few months and order a 2014, but my dealer 100% lied to me saying that dodge wasn't releasing the 2014 until after JANUARY. That was too long to wait so I decided to get one at that point.
Secondly, When I bought the car I asked for the optional sunroof. They gave me this whole spill about how they would have to put a sunroof in, BUT it was EXACTLY like the factory. In fact they said it WAS a factory sunroof... It's not. And now if I'm going more than fifty cant have my interior slider open or the wind noise is horrendous.
Sorry if this is long but here's the main point. They've just released the 2014 Dart and the GT comes standard with keyless entry and push button start and the (now combined) sun and sound package is $900. Do you think I would be able to trade my car back in to the dealer and pay a small amount, say $1000, and get the new Dart? And does they're blatant lying to me give me an edge in negotiations? Thank you to all who help out!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Go directly to Dodge and tell them your story about thier dealership. Don't know if you have any legal recourse but I've seen people get better results by going to Dodge directly when a dealership is screwing them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed ^^^

Do you know how to tell if a car salesman is lying? His lips are moving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP here

So it's been a while but I wanted to update this: I DID visit the dealer and he was nothing but belligerent. In fact, he excused me from his office claiming that I was the one lying. He admitted to all the things I recollected, but he would manipulate the words to make it seem like he was still right when he clearly manipulated me. I have since spoken to a superior that seems more understanding and I am waiting it hear back.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good luck, I hope you get good results. Nobody likes to feel like they were screwed on a car deal. Thats not how it should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts