Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had far too many safty problems with my new dart,, the car stalls when speeding up to merge with traffic, or just at low speeds, the computor has been replaced.....

now a recall on the tranny,,, it not just as simple as the 1/2 hour the recall notice says.....

a/c doens't blower motor doesn't come on when you start the car, takes it a about 5 seconds and than it kicks on ...

the reflection from windshield ,,,, i see the dash.......

don't take me wrong, i like the dart, fun car,,, but just not up to par... I had a Mitsubshi Lancer with the ctv tranny,, it is far superior....

I'll take any help anyone can share,,, i would like to keep but can't keep an unsafe car......is it just mine??????? or are there others....

thank you!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had to remember to look for the reflection from the dash this morning as it is dark when I go to work. It is there but I could only see the bottom quarter of the gages and the lower digital section. I tried moving my perspetive but that is about all that is visable. To me it isn't distractive but maybe I have ignored it. I do keep my dimmer turned down quite low because I don't like the inside of the car lit up when I am driving at night.

It souns like others are having drivability issues whether it is delayed throttle responce or throttle and shift mapping I don't know. My throttle is maybe overly sensitive to driver input and then the tranny will shift early causing the car to bog down untill I give it enough throttle to down shift. I have just the 6 speed auto. When you say your car stalls when speeding up to merge is the engine dying or is it shifting to soon? I do think dodge needs to address the shift point programming. It is a smart system so dealers should be able to update everones programming when they figure it out.

I think the blower timing on the AC is normal.

What is the tranny recall? I haven't heard about it. Is it for the auto or manual tranny? One of the other members Blastoiise had his tranny fail and got it warrantied. His is the dual dry clutch auto I think.

Any problem hurts overall perception. We all want our new cars to be purfect. I had to have the whole controle module system in the 8.4 uConnect replaced because everything kept reseting like the battery was disconnect. My dealer did a great job of working with dodge to correct the problem but it does make you start looking for any other flaws the car has.

I love my new Dart. Is it purfect? No. But I think it is a good car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ya man. With all the problems dodge is having with their cars, i regret buying a fully loaded rallye.

Defroster didnt work, tranny broke, horrible turbo lagg. No more amarican cars for me. Next car will be import. Mitsubishi ralliart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts