Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Lots of appeal, until you buy one and own it for a couple thousand miles. Read through this forum, and see some of the ridiculous stuff going wrong with this vehicle. Cars with 200,000 miles don't fail like the Dart

·
Banned
106 Posts
LOTS OF APPEAL????????????????? LMAO. I just had my 2013 Dart back to the dealer for the third time for a loud hum in the blower while the AC is running. I thought I smelled something burning. The dealer said no problem it picked up dirt and leaves of the road. The leaves he showed me were 10 times the size of the air ventilation grids under the hood. I asked him how to prevent this and his answer was " keep the vehicle away from tree leaves, we will clean it out free until the car goes off 3/36,000 warranty, after that we recommend you get us to clean it as needed at $250. a pop. He also told me they have seen a lot of this and its not considered a defect. I have tried three dealers so far and this one is the best of a sorry lot. I understand the Dart is produced by FIAT= Fix It Again Tony. I see according to consumer reports 7 out of 10 Dart owners consider there car to be a lemon and are through with Chrysler and its affiliates. I am going to lemon law mine and purchase a Hyundai or a Kia. This car may very well replace Dodge Caliber as the worst car ever manufactured, Nice Job Dodge, two in a row.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They are catching on. I would not buy anything but Chryslers. Of course I have known this, I seen what Daimler did and it is night and day compared. They have very nice exteriors to look at and also the interiors are very upgraded from just a few years ago.

·
Banned
106 Posts
You cant see the forest for the trees. I guess you like issue ridden cars that spend more time in the shop than on the road. Chrysler will keep making junk like the Dart as long as Brand Loyal no matter what people like you buy this junk and defend it to the hilt. Dart is junk go read consumer reports reviews from actual owners.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You cant see the forest for the trees. I guess you like issue ridden cars that spend more time in the shop than on the road. Chrysler will keep making junk like the Dart as long as Brand Loyal no matter what people like you buy this junk and defend it to the hilt. Dart is junk go read consumer reports reviews from actual owners.
TROLL. who is paying you to come onto this owners site?

·
Banned
106 Posts
Nice Try, No one is paying me!!! I might ask you the same thing. The facts don't lie. Go check any consumer product Web-site or report. 7 out of 10 actual owners rate this car as poor on reliability, quality, and resale trade in value. You want to call me names go ahead, that wont change the facts. That just shows your ignorance, not your intelligence. No one is paying me to tell the truth, I am an actual owner of a 2013 Doge Dart . Personally I have talked to at least 10 other Dart owners and none of them would purchase this car again, sorry that they ever did, and will never purchase a Chrysler affiliated product again and all have had numerous problems that are due to poor design/engineering and low quality material in manufacturing. Any way what competitor of Chrysler's would be paying me or anyone to help them they are all burying Dodge on sales on most of its lineup. They don't need me, their competitors sell their cars on quality, reputation and service after the sale. Chrysler should try some of that that instead of its marketing techniques of outrageous claims, false advertising, and customer deception. Legitimate auto makers use testimonials from satisfied customers that have purchased their product, not negative ads about their competitors cars from disgruntled owners. Why even mention their competitors product? When was the last time you saw or heard an ad for Dart with actual owners of the vehicles praising it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have had 10 months of trouble free service from our Dart GT. Only service was the 2500 mile oil change. Could not be happier. Sorry to hear of Dennis' experience. Best to lemon law it and move to another manufacturer.

·
Banned
106 Posts
You are luckier than most, but 10 months of trouble free service is not really all that impressive. I hope your luck holds out. I plan on Lemon lawing this this lemon, just waiting for the next time on of 4 different issues arises to qualify this piece of crap for the Lemon Law. 7 out of 10 of these cars are lemons, congrats you may have one of the three that isn't.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice Try, No one is paying me!!! I might ask you the same thing. The facts don't lie. Go check any consumer product Web-site or report. 7 out of 10 actual owners rate this car as poor on reliability, quality, and resale trade in value. You want to call me names go ahead, that wont change the facts. That just shows your ignorance, not your intelligence. No one is paying me to tell the truth, I am an actual owner of a 2013 Doge Dart . Personally I have talked to at least 10 other Dart owners and none of them would purchase this car again, sorry that they ever did, and will never purchase a Chrysler affiliated product again and all have had numerous problems that are due to poor design/engineering and low quality material in manufacturing. Any way what competitor of Chrysler's would be paying me or anyone to help them they are all burying Dodge on sales on most of its lineup. They don't need me, their competitors sell their cars on quality, reputation and service after the sale. Chrysler should try some of that that instead of its marketing techniques of outrageous claims, false advertising, and customer deception. Legitimate auto makers use testimonials from satisfied customers that have purchased their product, not negative ads about their competitors cars from disgruntled owners. Why even mention their competitors product? When was the last time you saw or heard an ad for Dart with actual owners of the vehicles praising it?
The fact is you have 0, NONE Threads started on here, you have no pics on here, you have down nothing but complain. Go ahead and move on. You bought the very first year model and the cheapest model at that. You have no idea what you were doing. you should have known the first few years of a new model is the worst. they learn and fix. You are 61 yrs old and this was your first new car? I find that unbelievable, but that is me.I am a real person. Not a TROLL.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Hey, Are you NUTS, or what??? No this is not my first New car and its not the cheapest model either. It is a first year car, that's true. So let me get this straight, its ok for the car to be junk because its the first year its produced. I got a bad car, so I'm a troll because I say the truth and that its bad about a piece of crap that you also own? Your idols at Chrysler/Fiat don't give a crap about the myriad of crap Darts that they have sold at all price ranges. By the way the 2014s don't seem to be much better. I cant believe that all you buy is Chrysler and you haven't got a lemon yet. Learn and fix? As long as they replace inferior parts with the same, the problems will exist. Open your eyes and get your head out of the sand. You debate like a kid on a school yard, no facts just hearsay, name calling and innuendos.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Other experience

You are luckier than most, but 10 months of trouble free service is not really all that impressive. I hope your luck holds out. I plan on Lemon lawing this this lemon, just waiting for the next time on of 4 different issues arises to qualify this piece of crap for the Lemon Law. 7 out of 10 of these cars are lemons, congrats you may have one of the three that isn't.
We have a 1997 Chrysler Town and Country with 125,000 miles and 17 years of good service. Had a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT for 2 years and loved every minute owning it. Had a 1987 Dodge Dakota for 11 years and a 1998 Dodge Ram quad cab for 4 years. Growing up we owned a 1967, 1971 and 1972 Imperial LeBaron sedans and a 1978 New Yorker. So, we have a little more experience with Mopar products than with just the Dart. Overall have been very satisfied with Mopar products. Have had my share of GM products and a few Fords. Favorite GM was the 1992 Buick Park Ave. Ultra with a supercharged V-6. Really liked that until I got the Hemi Magnum! That was one fun and distinctive ride.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Big difference those vehicles were made a lot better by the real Chrysler back. I owned them too. I have a 2004 Dakota Pick up that is a gem.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I never said all Chrysler products were bad or inferior in fact I praised several that I owned in previous posts. My problem is with DART, and its not just me. When 7 out of 10 buyers get a lemon its poor manufacturing. I don't buy this Dartman's defensive crap that its justified because its a first year car and I wasn't an informed buyer either. This manufacturer has made many other cars. Dart seems like it was a cheap hurry up job to get it on the market. I don't like the " buyer be damned" mentality either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I never said all Chrysler products were bad or inferior in fact I praised several that I owned in previous posts. My problem is with DART, and its not just me. When 7 out of 10 buyers get a lemon its poor manufacturing. I don't buy this Dartman's defensive crap that its justified because its a first year car and I wasn't an informed buyer either. This manufacturer has made many other cars. Dart seems like it was a cheap hurry up job to get it on the market. I don't like the " buyer be damned" mentality either.
I never said it is justified to have problems. I was trying to explain to you that anytime you buy a first year car, there is a very high probability there will be issues. That is how they make the future ones better, they find out the issues and work on them. If they everyone built a perfect auto, there would be no need for a quality department. My defensive stance comes from the way you have posted on here. Your claims that the Dart defect numbers are reaching recall status I have not read, seen, or heard of any such issues. Where are you getting your info? Consumer Reports is one of if not the biggest joke to rely on. I do not trust them. I posted a link that tracks Gov. investigations, TSB's and recalls. The numbers are not there. 7 out of 10 Darts are bad? They would have stopped making them. There is NO way they would continue if that were true. It is simply not accurate.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Ok go back to your dream world. 7 out of 10 Darts on this forum have problems, go read, these are real numbers. Even you have problems, but hey if that's what your willing to accept , that's fine but I don't have to. Good luck with your Dart, if your happy I hope you stay happy with it. and your link is very skewed to say the least.

·
Banned
106 Posts
You don't trust consumer reports? But you trust the government? LMAO. You are hilarious. OMG I don't know where to start. I think I will just stop with this post. I wish you the very best with your Dart. Lets just agree to disagree. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
You don't trust consumer reports? But you trust the government? LMAO. You are hilarious. OMG I don't know where to start. I think I will just stop with this post. I wish you the very best with your Dart. Lets just agree to disagree. Thanks
Good, I never said anything about trusting the Gov..I said the link tracks people that file complaints with the NTHSA. Also TSB's and recalls. Check it out. The link is in the other post. You are right we are not going to agree and that is fine by me. Good day sir.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Yes, We both have had somewhat different experiences. I hope your luck holds out. Really , I have talked to at least 10 other actual Dart owners and their experiences have been the same as mine or worse with this vehicle. My only point was this; A lot of buyers are having numerous problems with a NEW car that was supposed to be a great addition to the Dodge line up. It didn't work out that way, and all Chrysler can say is FIAT= FIX IT AGAIN TONY. David you love your DART , I loved mine too, but it didn't love me back, lol. I hope yours is the best car you ever owned. Take care my friend

1 - 20 of 28 Posts