Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any good tips. I purchased a 2013 1.4t with a little under 135k on it. This Cas has clearly been modified quite a bit which was cool at first however I bought it from a family friend that literally bought it just to daily drive he doesn't have an extensive knowledge in cars whatsoever and since the car was modified when he bought he has no clue what's done to it meaning neither do I. I know for a fact there's a big dart madness control module of some sort attached to the front of my engine. That brings me to my issue, I've had the car for at least 2 months now since I've got it the only thing I've done to it was spark plugs and replaced a shifter bushing in my engine bay. It ran and drove great when I got it I had no problems with it, the shifter bushing went out, i replaced it and got the car back on the road, a day maybe 2 days after I replaced the bushing I started having at first what was just a bad misfire has now turned into a constant flashing etc light, the car also likes to periodically enter a sort of "limp mode, where basically I just lose all throttle response and rpms until the car will just die, and I have to restart it. One last quirk I've noticed from this issue is sometimes the car will idle really high by it self when I'm not touching the throttle at all and when it does that my dash flashes and says "engine temp too hot" even though my temp is normal, and there's coolant in the system. Any pointers would be great, I really just don't even know where to start. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts