Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so let's here what you have to say about the new Dodge Dart, good or bad, tell us what you think!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first of all let me say that this car is no muscle car. it doesn't have a Hemi and probably will never even have a V6. it would be cool to see an SRT version of it though so you never know, but has anyone ever accused a Neon or Caliber SRT4 of being a muscle car? :D

first impressions for me of this car is that it will be a hit for the segment it is designed for. its sporty, has aggressive looks, loaded with the coolest new features (some of which i had on my new Avenger)

i really like this car and look forward to a 2016 model to get my daughter for her 16th birthday

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want this

I hit a deer with my 2003 Neon this summer and it was totaled. I had 135,000 flawless miles on it. 5 speed manual and 35 mpg.
I ran out and bought a 2011 Avenger Heat 3.6. It's fast but can't do better than 21 mpg even when I go exit to exit on the interstate. The automatic has nice shift points but still bores me to death.
If I can get a good price for the Avenger it will be gone to be replaced by the Dart with a manual.

·
Administrator
1,261 Posts
Like the front, rear and the interior. Not too keen on 4 doors but not sure how a 2 door version would look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A SRT4 would be nice but as reported by Car and Driver, and Motor Trend, The SRT4 is rumored. I Love the price of the new compact car. esp because it has a little pep to it. The Price of this car Keeps the Ford Focus and the Chevy Cobalt in their place. along with the new sleek design. The head lights and front end new to the market in america which gives it a one of a kind status while the rear end keeps it in the MOPAR family. In a sense it is like the miniature charger for people who need fuel eff. cars and like the sport look to them. Real nice design.

Big Happy point, even though it is a first year car I'm not hesitant to buy it becuase the technologies from this car (i.e engine, transmission, suspension) have all been out in the market a year plus on the alfa romeo and the chrysler products. GReat product so far. very excited to see how it is once it hits the market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally I'm not totally sold. As a Caliber owner, a little extra power would defiantly be nice, as would more reliable front suspension parts. The looks are alright, but I still prefer my car in that department. It's not available as a hatchback so that's pretty much killed of the idea of me trading in the Caliber for one.

Having said that, if the Caliber dies in a horrible accident I'll be sure to re-examine my position. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i like the car for what it is. if i were looking for a economy car or buying a kids first car i'd definatly consider it. i like the 4 door with a manual option and the great gas mileage the car gets, and it looks like it has alot of features only available on expesive cars just a few years ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
As normal Dodge is not creating "normal" cars.

They tend to make cars that you either hate or love. Being an Avenger owner I know how that feels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the looks of it and all the options that are available on this car will make it more appealing to a wider range of buyers. The new Dart has more interior options than a Challenger SRT8!!! I think the Dart is a great car for the segment it is in and I hear that there are already lots of upgrades that will be available through MOPAR. Plenty of options for upgrades!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was ready to order a RT version with the new V-6. Kind of like a 2012 Roadrunner....
Oh well/ I will hold on to my Magnumrtawd a little longer.
Whats the price and MPG estimates??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was ready to order a RT version with the new V-6. Kind of like a 2012 Roadrunner....
Oh well/ I will hold on to my Magnumrtawd a little longer.
Whats the price and MPG estimates??
there will be an r/t but it will have the 184hp 2.4L I4, not too bad if you ask me

as for pricing, the auto show unveiling with Reid Bigland (Dodge CEO) said the base Dart will be $15,995 and get 40mpg for the 2.0L with 160hp

honestly, thats only 10hp more than my 2001 Neon R/T 2.0L Magnum engine made. i would think that 12 years would be a bigger increase in that, but its still not bad. the 1.4L turbo makes the same 160hp but makes 184lbs of torque

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would bet you don't see a SRT version for a couple of years. I'm sure they will be hesitant since the Csrt-4 wasn't the most popular. Even tho I love my Cali. and plan on keeping it. If they come out with a srt Dart I will look into it, hopefully AWD and around 300 hp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its a reasonable , also ran , car . No great shakes in the styling department. You only get one chance at a WOW !!!! MEGA !!! Awesome !!! launch ...& Dodge just missed that by a mile !!

Is it now illeagal to design a car with some Style & Passion ??? Stick a Dart on a busy Supermarket car park , & nobody would take a blind bit of notice of it ..Why ?? because like moden Fords , Kias , Chevys , Haiundai s , & Hondas ...they are invisible !!!

My old Caliber ......at least it was different !!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its a reasonable , also ran , car . No great shakes in the styling department. You only get one chance at a WOW !!!! MEGA !!! Awesome !!! launch ...& Dodge just missed that by a mile !!

Is it now illeagal to design a car with some Style & Passion ??? Stick a Dart on a busy Supermarket car park , & nobody would take a blind bit of notice of it ..Why ?? because like moden Fords , Kias , Chevys , Haiundai s , & Hondas ...they are invisible !!!

My old Caliber ......at least it was different !!
well we all have our opinions, i think Dodge hit this one out of the park personally, and again personally, i feel the Caliber was a big miss, they should have made some updates to the Neon and kept making that...oh well, cant please everyone all the time :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure the build quality , engineering , reliability , comfort , drive , will be just fine & for an American car it has a great looking interior.

But to me it just misses that WOW! gotta have one !! Factor .

However Dodge pulled out of UK last year ..so the chances of me ever having a test drive are quite remote .......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts