Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the stock air intake and installed this K&N filter yesterday, the difference is night and day over stock as far as the sound. Performance is hard to tell, since the hp gains are minimal...but the sound and appearance alone is worth the $55! Also decided to PD the rear emblems, and shave the little "multi air turbo" badge...just too much going on back there for me lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
looks good! like the emblem subduing. Ours is black, so it would disspear. been thinking about tinting the chrome lettering red tho.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good! like the emblem subduing. Ours is black, so it would disspear. been thinking about tinting the chrome lettering red tho.
Thanks! Yeah, red emblems on your black Dart would look hot! You could always "shave" them off, paint them red, then stick them back on with some double sided 3m tape??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, the mod bug has bit! There's no stopping now! Ride looks good!
Thanks, yep just got to wait for parts to start rolling out onto the market!! Come on MOPAR!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hilarious. I'm a Hokie alum living in northern Virginia as well. I'd love to get together some time. I'm curious how you got the K&N filter on and which one you purchased.

I'm doing a madness ECU mod, upgrading my Racetrack lights, and slapping on a bike rack.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^Hey there neighbor and fellow Alum I'm a VT grad as well (2007)!!! We should def meet up some time, I'd love to see your Dart and talk Hokie football! I literally just went up to Advanced Auto Parts in the air filter section, opened up the K&N box and the fitment looked right (2.5"), went home, removed the monster stock airbox, and the K&N filter attaches over top of the stock intake tube and clamps on with the included metal fastener. The turbo sounds really cool with this filter! I'm so jealous you're getting the racetrack light. I gotta convince the wife somehow that we need to spend $355 on a brand new car...lol. 1 Mod at a time though...it worked with the Charger...so I figure it will work with the Dart!

What trim level and options did you get?? Go HOKIES!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guessed by the license plate haha. I'm 2010 myself.

Going to stop by Advanced Auto in Herndon and see if I can't install that filter before I head down to Blacksburg for some Bowling Green fun this evening! You going to Cinci @FedEx? I've got a bunch of buddies coming up next weekend and we'll be getting a little rowdy.

I've got a Limited w/ Sunroof, Leather Seats, Polished Wheels (2 curb scuffs already -.-), and 8.4N. Red. Custom Ordered it from Koons in Tysons before we both knew that the RaceTrack lights were even an option. I really couldn't justify the extra cash for the Technology Group and HIDs.

If you're looking to tailgate at the game dual Darts could get some attention haha.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^Sounds good man, travel safe down to BBurg...and YES OF COURSE I'm going to the 9/29 Cincy-VT game at FedEx! Can't wait...I'll be the white guy with the VT #3 Jersey on! lol

Yeah, I can't believe they made the tailight an option...soooo annoying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha hell yea. So I installed the filter and the engine sound is so much different. There's a blow off with every shift, more audible turbo, and the engine noise is louder altogether.

I hope that's a good thing, lol

Additionally.. how did you secure it? I find it moves and shakes around a lot

Pics:

Box with part number

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice man, looks right you did everything right, isn't the sound unbelievably different and awesome!? Yeah, the filter pretty much just rests there, believe me it isn't going anywhere as long as you fastened the clamps well enough. What I also did was get a 8-10" piece of black rubber piping, cut it length wise, then fit it over that vertical metal piece so the filter can rest on top of the rubber vs metal. This is just a good solution until the aftermarket CAI's start rolling out for our Darts...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea the noise is totally different. unbelievable

ah good idea yea. Have you noticed a sort of .. stuttering/shaking noise.. when you gas then let off prior to any blow off. I think its the air filter shaking around.. but I won't be sure until my buddy gets over

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^Nah, believe me that filter isn't moving...that's just the sound of the turbo motor that you couldn't hear before with the stock airbox on...I know exactly what sound you're talking about.

·
Registered
193 Posts
$355 for the race track lights? That's cheap. Dealer cost is $995.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^That's why they're called the stealership...just order it online and do the install yourself...and enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
K and N air filter

Is your intake supposed to sound like it has a huge vacuum leak with this filter? K and N E-1006

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is your intake supposed to sound like it has a huge vacuum leak with this filter? K and N E-1006
Yes, lol. That's the turbo spool that you hear...:)

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
I did the same thing with the drop in high flo air filter and the difference in sound of is night and day...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you find the intake? And is the same thing as a cold air intake? Sorry this is my first car I'm actually putting mods on. Btw Go Hokies! My dad played football for them!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts