Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought roadrace motorports stage one package which includes there spectrum tuner and pulley. ive drive about 300 miles on it and decided to take it to the track. I have the 2.0 and 6speed auto only other mod is a sri. Ive been running 93 octane fuel. so here it is.... best time of the day was a 17.666 at a speed of 79.67 I was really dissapointed i was hoping to be in the 16's i guess these darts really are slow...

·
Registered
284 Posts
17.1 is the stock time for a Auto 2.0 you need to work on your launch did you slap shift or let the trans do its own thing?

also try getting some copper plugs(Autolite 5325). reducing weight, and concentrate on the launch.(what i did with my auto(CVT) lancer was foot on brake, rev to about 2Kish, then on last yellow light on the tree. smash gas and let off brake and hold on. yay.

PS. where is your time slip? please post it up so we can see your other stats too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill have to dig out my slips. my r/t was like .77 not the best but ill work on it. first time i slapped shifted and on my second run i let the tranny shift. I pulled the wipers off, headrests, floormats, spare tire and jack and removed the antenna. on the first run i held it at about 1300 and the second I held it at 2000. I feel as if it takes off slower that way on the dart. on my other autos i can squak the tires when i do it but not on here..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering have you tried moving the SRI to a full CAI? the cooler the air the better off you are going to be in the long run. Upgrade to the copper plugs like orangeGT said as well... best bang for your buck mod out there..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking of making it into a cai. and wrapping it in dynomat. I will deffinantly try those plugs. im also going to reset the tuner and see if my driving habits will change it during the break in period

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was thinking of making it into a cai. and wrapping it in dynomat. I will deffinantly try those plugs. im also going to reset the tuner and see if my driving habits will change it during the break in period
Yeah, as far as dynomat, check into this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-14500

I will more than likely be wrapping my CAI in this as well as checking some other heat suppression ideas I have up my sleeve.

·
Registered
193 Posts
so i bought roadrace motorports stage one package which includes there spectrum tuner and pulley. ive drive about 300 miles on it and decided to take it to the track. I have the 2.0 and 6speed auto only other mod is a sri. Ive been running 93 octane fuel. so here it is.... best time of the day was a 17.666 at a speed of 79.67 I was really dissapointed i was hoping to be in the 16's i guess these darts really are slow...
the 2.0 is built for economy, not speed.
If you are wanting more go trade up to the GT or Aero.
It is very good for what it is, a small comuter car that gets great mileage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
the 2.0 is built for economy, not speed.
If you are wanting more go trade up to the GT or Aero.
It is very good for what it is, a small comuter car that gets great mileage.
the 2.0 is a great engine. it has the DOHC set up that may be better for modding then the Multiair. you can work on a turbo kit easier with a DOHC then a MA engine. unless you get full engine tuning for the MA, your kinda limited with the turbo set up. my friend Josh has a very quick 2.0 with the Auto. in fact he actually beat his friends 1.4 with his 2.0. his friends 1.4 has H/C pipes and CAI and its Manual. so the 2.0 reacts very well to mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you OrangeGT... yes, Aya an I have beat my buddies 1.4T. A win is a win... none the less. But yes, the 2.0 reacts very nice to modifications. If you need anything let me know or email me. I'm ready willing and able to help wash away the stigma of the 2.slow hate out there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thank you OrangeGT... yes, Aya an I have beat my buddies 1.4T. A win is a win... none the less. But yes, the 2.0 reacts very nice to modifications. If you need anything let me know or email me. I'm ready willing and able to help wash away the stigma of the 2.slow hate out there.
I'm not hating on the Dart, I like the one we own. Gets great mileage, has lots of features, and it is reliable so far.
I'm just saying it's not a fast car, 17 second E/Ts is not fast no matter what yardstick you are using.

I am wondering if they are going to make a fast version of the Dart, like they did with the neon SRT4.
Right now dodge doesn't really have a small car this is able to keep up with WRXs, GTIs, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts