Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Dart lovers. I will give a little background on me and how I got myself into a 2013 Brand New Dodge Dart.

I racked up 170,000 miles on my base 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo so it was time to look into a replacement. I called(10:00AM) the local dealer about a used 2009 Impala they had on the lot with 86,000 miles on it. Well after giving the guy my information I waited for him to call me back on the details of the loan. He never called back and on my way home I thought I would stop by the dealer. Across the road is a Chrysler dealer that had a 2011 Chrysler 200(light blue) with only 33,000 miles on it for only $1000 more than the Impala. So I test drove it home and showed the Wife it. She loved it and said that she wants to drive it...hmmmm. She drives a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT with 150,000 and she is lucky to average 16-18 mpg. So I went back to the dealer and have them the info on the trailblazer and bought the 200 for my wife.

I proceeded to test drive the Impala that I was interested in...I loved it except for the leather seats. They were hard and flat, I would be sliding around with every corner I took. However, with the luck I had with my Monte Carlo I felt like I could depend on it to take me for the next 100,000 miles...but those Damn seats were horrible. When I backed it into its original spot at the lot there was a 2013 Dodge Dart parked next it.hmmmm could I get the keys please. I test drove it and loved the way it handled. It was the base model with no cruise control and the ugly steel rims but I could upgrade the rims and get use to no cruise. Seeing how the Cherokee and Chrysler dealers were right across from each other and they are owned by the same guy I decided to go across the street to talk about getting into the Dodge Dart...that is the end of the story on that car.

I went over to the Chrysler dealer and told them to run the numbers on the used Dart across the street. They called me a little while later and gave me the numbers for that car and the new base model they had in the showroom...the numbers were pretty close. I looked online and found a New red 2013 Dodge Dart Aero about 2 hours away for just a little more than the base model. It had the same ugly steel rims and single exhaust but the inside was loaded with the touch screen radio and digital cluster and back up camera. It also had the 1.4 turbo engine with a 6 speed Manuel transmission. I started drooling over the potential 41 mpg seeing how this car is going to be my car and I drive 25 miles each way to work.

I called the local place and told them I would go with the Aero because it was only 500 more than their base model...I for a call back and they told me they would take$2000 off the base model. I responded and told them to take $2500 off the SXT and we have a deal...they called me right back and said okay. Sorry if this story is boring to some of you but what it boils down to is the fact that me and my wife went from GM to Mopar.

Now to tell you about the new love in my life.

It's a brand new 2013 Blue Streak colored Dodge Dart SXT with the Tigershark 2.0(I wish it was the 1.4l), 18" smoke colored 5 spoke wheels(beautiful), dual exhaust, fog lights, remote start, 6 speed automatic with the slapstick...what can I say I love her.

I am a married man who has never had anything sporty besides the Monte Carlo. This Dart drives great, do I wish it had the 1.4l? Sure, but my wife informed me that she didn't really like red cars(Aero) and she was never going to drive a stick. Now, let me tell you, my wife is very beautiful and she will look better driving it than I couldo so I picked the right car.

So thanks for having me and I look forward to reading about your experiences with your Darts. It's a pleasure to join your group and start a new family with fellow Mopar owners.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome....good luck with the new ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts