Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is the speaker housing modified with the Alpine speaker system Dodge puts in? Or are those crappy speakers? I wondered the same thing after watching the Youtube on speaker install where the guy was cutting into the back of the speaker mount and then still had the speaker spaced out a quarter inch which he put foam tape in the gap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the speaker housing modified with the Alpine speaker system Dodge puts in? Or are those crappy speakers? I wondered the same thing after watching the Youtube on speaker install where the guy was cutting into the back of the speaker mount and then still had the speaker spaced out a quarter inch which he put foam tape in the gap.
i thought that was weird too and i really don't want to do that. i don't know about the alpine set up from factory. but i have been looking around all day and the mounting depth for the front door is 2 inches. Alpine makes a 6x9 with a two inch mounting depth and i am thing about getting them.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Two inch doesn't sound like much for good speakers. I wonder how much grill clearence there is and if the fatory Alpine install is using spacers. Maybe someone in the know will pipe in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my 2014 Dart Ralley 2.4 8.4 connect, Im actually impressed with the speakers. I feel some solid bass, clear mids and highs!! That's really what I need cause I'll be throwing my powered bazooka tube in the trunk for bass, hoping it will be a smooth install, we be getting to it next week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my 2014 Dart Ralley 2.4 8.4 connect, Im actually impressed with the speakers. I feel some solid bass, clear mids and highs!! That's really what I need cause I'll be throwing my powered bazooka tube in the trunk for bass, hoping it will be a smooth install, we be getting to it next week.
Let me know how it goes!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was just on crutchfield and there showing that a 5 1/4 speaker is what they'd recommend with a mounting bracket for the new speaker.. I was looking to get new ones and fill those hole in my trunk.

- WR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts