Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys seeing out of the 2.0 darts? I have a 2015 with 11,000 miles and running 99% highway miles while doing the speed limit of 60 to 70 I average 27mpg. The dealer had a mechanic drive the car and confirm this but according to chrysler headquarters that is within spec and they blame my driving habits even though the dealer came to the same calculations.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Billy,
There is a lot of talk on here about the MPG these Darts get. For the 2.0 that is pretty bad for mostly highway. Is this what the display is telling you your average is or are you doing the math (miles driven divided by gallons added)? If you are going off of the displayed MPG it could be even worse. I have compared them a couple of times and found that the displayed MPG is 2 MPG higher than actual.

I do a pretty even mix of driving and average 27-28 actual MPG. My display says I am averaging 30. Straight highway I get about 35-36. Anything above 70 MPH it starts to fall off though. Mine is a 2013 with 35K miles.

What are you running for fuel? 87 octane, E85? You didn't say whether you had an auto or manual. It doesn't make to much difference but driving style can effect it. What about tire inflation?

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been doing the math and your right about the cluster being off by a few mpg. I have a 6spd in mine and run mostly 87 Oct in it. Speed limit here is 60 an 70 I just filled it with a tank of 92 to see if that makes a difference. My car consumes oil like crazy too. I believe it's a lemon but I'm having a hell of time with chrysler and the dealer I bought it from. Tire pressure is spot on as well

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry to here about your troubles. I did the 92 octane also but the cost difference out weighed the improved mileage. Full prices are down now so if you like the improved mileage it isn't so bad.

If you are burning through a lot of oil this could also be effecting you mileage.

Hope you can get it sorted out with dealer and manufacturer. The Dart is a great car if it is right without problems.

I just had to go around with the dealer over the vacuum sensor causing the traction control light to show an error. They wanted to argue that the cold-air intake I installed could be causing the erratic readings. They finally replaced the sensor under warranty.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.