Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
AutoBlog has a story similar to this:
"What happens when a Dodge meets an Alfa Romeo? The Dart, that's what happens. But as promising as Auburn Hills' new economy sedan is, what we're really looking forward to is what Ralph Gilles and company over at the SRT division can cook up. And the folks over at Motor Trend think they've got a pretty good idea of what to expect.

For the Dart SRT4, Dodge could go one of two ways: turbocharging the existing Tigershark 2.0-liter four, or shoehorning in the new all-aluminum 1.8-liter turbo four from Alfa Romeo. Since the latter would likely push the Dart SRT4's price up beyond $30,000 and competitive levels, the smarter money's on the former. But in order to compete with the likes of the Ford Focus ST and Subaru WRX STI – and outshine the 285-horsepower Caliber SRT4 it succeeds – we could be looking at nearly 300 horses under the hood.

Couple that with a six-speed dual-clutch transmission (we'd still hope for a manual), upgraded rolling stock, brakes and suspension, and a more aggressive aero pack and we could be looking at one very mean pocket rocket indeed....By Noah Joseph

·
Registered
138 Posts
that will be truly awesome!!!

SRT4 Drivers UNITE!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow

makes me want to save up for an extra year to buy it. if this is true though!!! looks fake but i dont know enough to save it..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really liking those wheels. Wish my limited came with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wheels

I agree I wish I c mould have had the sportier wheels on my limited. I have the brushed metal look not chrome they are dull looking. I think I'm going to paint white instead of the black murder out look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I plasti dipped mine and they are still goin strong goin on 3 months w/o a single flaw... and they do have the white plasti dip which can make it a pretty inexpensive DIY... good luck with it Jumbo Dart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried to put a turbo on the 2.0 or 2.4? Looks like it'd be pretty darn fun to drive.

I like the spoiler too... I don't usually like them but that's pretty tasteful.

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well based on todays announcement that the SRT brand is returning to Dodge, looks like a SRT Dart will be available in December of 2016.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could you give me a link to where you read that jkelly?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks, my only problem now is that I'll have almost 4 out of the 6 years of my loan paid off by the time it comes out... Damn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Dart SRT is indeed being released in 2016...and it will have an option for AWD. You can find articles about it all over the internet now by searching for Chrysler's 5 year plan, released to the public a couple weeks back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts