Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a concept of what I wanted in my head and finally got it done, thought I'd share...

Attachments

Reactions: jkelly16

·
Registered
65 Posts
Came out nice. I like the black and white look. Did you use plasti dip on the wheels or something else?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Came out nice. I like the black and white look. Did you use plasti dip on the wheels or something else?
Hey - thanks! I used the plasti-dip gloss black wheel kit. It includes 4 spray cans of the flat black, and 3 spray cans of the glossifer. The kit cost me around $50 I think. 5 coats of flat black and 2 coats of gloss - and I had a ton of glossifer left over, 3 cans is def overkill.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
269 Posts
Like the name PANDA for your ride....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Panda...that's pretty good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Panda" was a term we used in the DSM world. Talons had the black tops OEM so people would add the hood & hatch like you did on the white cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
so plasti dip is removable??? sorry if im being an idiot but that is what it is sounding like to me... my wife and i want dual strips... maybe this is the way to go... just affraid to screw up if i do it myself even though i have lots of paint experience...its different when a shop covers you in a mess up lol... which i havent ... knock on wood

·
Registered
65 Posts
plasti dip is the rubber stuff thats on the handle of tools. It comes in a spray can. peels off easy. youtube it and you will see all kinds of use. I have had my stripe on for about three weeks.Still looks great and now that i know what it looks like and that i like it, I can have it done in paint/vinyl.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out the forum on dipyourcar.com and prepare to be amazed. Those guys are doing some ridiculous stuff with their cars, its insane. Makes me feel like my dip job is for 1st graders.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How many cans did it take for you truck and hood? been thinking about doing but but not sure if i should go with cans or just get a gallon and call it good

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many cans did it take for you truck and hood? been thinking about doing but but not sure if i should go with cans or just get a gallon and call it good
If I had to do it over again I'd get teh 3500 spray gun and a gallon of dip and go to town, but I probably used 6-7 cans for the hood/roof/trunk. Could've easily used more, but I was satisfied.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That is a sweet lookin Rallye!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts