Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Who's claiming these numbers? And if so, how are they tuning the ECU to deal with the fuel delivery and timing/boost changes?

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's a guy in Georgia finishing up a TD04 turbo swap. Once he gets everything finished I can probably post his numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
R/T Dart Build

I have started my R/T Dart build which will include the bigger turbo mentioned above. I am looking at the Garrett upgrade from www.atpturbo.com It is one size bigger and claims "drop-in 230HP" I like Damn Fast DD but they are charging a higher core charge. if the TD04 was easier to source and came with all the lines I would probably go that route.

I have my Ported TB on order and will be ordering a big front mount I/C probably next month. I Currently have a 3" catback and will be adding a 3" dp.

My goal is 250-275 HP. I do not want this car to be faster than the new SRT4 because I plan on selling myself one of those as well. I will do my best to keep everyone updated on the progress of the build.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Without spending an obnoxious amount of money, there is no way to make this car past 230-250HP...

The one key factor that no one has been able to crack is the Multi-Air system... Until someone crack that, we are stuck with a plateau of 250HP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well contacted this company about the turbo to make sure it is a full bolt on deal for my 2016 aero. Just got the car about 1 week ago but if they claim this is a strait swap with no fab work I will start saving for it and make it my first mod and let you guys know how it turns out. Might take me a few months but I will get this thing. The fact that this car makes 20 PSI of boost shows there is some major restrictions in the intake so starting at the turbo being it is as small as it is, is were I would start. Our cars should not have to be boosting more than 8-10 LBS to make the power there making. Small ports make good torque though and good fuel mileage. Just to be clear I asked them if this would work with all fittings, turbo piping and stock intake. If so it will be a go for me and a few months to save for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wish Gerrett sold a GT2552R that bolted up :( Looking at how they make this turbo it looks like they modify the stock turbo so this might pass a dealer inspection lol. If this is true I want it even more and this will be the start of building a sleeper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
O dam I thought this was a $1400 turbo. Its a $2500 turbo with out a core. The picture dose not look like the turbo on my car with the same flange and diverter valve location so I hope the picture is not the actual turbo cuz if it is, its the wrong turbo for my car. I would be mad as hell if I received the turbo in the picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is an option to have a tube welded on to the turbo for the kit to add the bypass valve kit but buying new intercooler piping that either has a flange or have one welded on for a real blow off valve might be a better option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well looking at a post I seen by the Torque company they claim our DDCT transmission is only good for about 200 FTLB torque. Pretty much makes upgrading the turbo pointless on my car. Guess I will stick to bolt on's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.