Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a glasspack to replace my resonator, gonna do away with the muffler and straight pipe it too. I'll update this as I go. $37 on sale at summit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote from the local exhaust shop to replace the resonator and cut the muffler to straight pipe it was $200 plus tax but includes black powder coated tips to replace the cheap polished ones. 1.5 hours labor with him fabricating a y pipe. He suggested using a magnaflow tube instead of the glasspack but I had already purchased the glasspack. We shall see how his advice pans out next week!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scratch that

Glass pack came in today! Guess I'll have some new stuff for you guys tomorrow

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glass pack is in and muffler is gone! Sounds sooooi much better. Will upload video later

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, bad news. Wife hated the drone in the cabin without the muffler so I had to weld it back in. I left the glasspack and the black tips though so now I guess I'll just wait for the fiberglass in the glasspack to melt. I have a feeling I'm just going to end up buying a complete exhaust system in the long run, but fyi... if you put the 25" thrush glasspack and do the muffler delete with the y pipe... it sounds really, really good. All my friends who heard it run before i had the muffler re-installed were pretty upset that I did it but... happy wife happy life! (4th gear had a gnarly drone throughout the cabin)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Glad to here you opted for happy life:D. Would have been cool to get a recording though. I know that annoying resonant frequencies can happen at different RPM and engine loads. Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you get the Blastin Bob's ones?

I got it for my Challenger and yea there's drone but it's nothing too serious imo and gave the car some life after it was broken in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts