Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't look perfect up close. I don't think I let it dry long enough before peeling the tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good :]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think it looks bad, JM. In fact I like yours better than the GT pictured in ericw's. I just think the stripes without letters look better! How long did it take you/how hard was it?

Was thinking about Plastidipping my rims to start...... but never done anything before!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't very hard. I washed my whole car and then put the stripes on. I started my measuring 9 inches away from the corner of my hood, then basically used Painter's tape to make straight lines. The stripes are 2 strips of tape wide. My biggest problem was not using enough newspaper to prevent the overspray >.< Plastidipping my rims was a little more difficult. It's been about a year though, so I want to peel the old stuff off and redo it with a different color. Any opinions?

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you were a Seahawks fan I would say bright green.:D On a blue car thats gonna be tuff. White maybe?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you were a Seahawks fan I would say bright green.:D On a blue car thats gonna be tuff. White maybe?
I was thinking about white. I want to find something that's not going to overshadow the yellow calipers though >.<

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure how you feel about the color blue since your car is already blue but maybe a darker shade of blue? could still see your yellow calipers and would look a bit different! I have a red sxt and am playing between black rims or a red/black rim :/ red calipers would be nice but i also wanted something unique; not sure what would go good with the car being red.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I might go with a Gold or Copper Flake color. A black/red rim would look nice. How detailed would you be looking to go?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I looked at them all day yesterday and still found the black/red popping out at me. Detailed as far as my calipers go or the rims?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts