Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye in May and am already starting to have a few problems.
- I have noticed it mostly when I'm using cruise control that my car is not shifiting properly, it rev's quite high and does not shift until I decrease speed. It sometimes does it outta no where.
- Once in a while my command start won't start the car and when I go to start it myself, it stalls. (It's not an issue with low fuel as it has happened when the car is almost full)
- Today it started to make a wierd squeaking noise from the front driver side, and it's not when I'm doing anything in particular. I can't quite pinpoint where the squeaking is coming from but it is quite loud so I'm thinking it's something inside the car.

I know I have to take it into Dodge but just wondering if anyone is experiencing any of these issues?
Thank you.

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
Your shifting and start command could be as simple as a software update. Squeaks are a whole other issue. That could be just two plastic parts rubbing and making a terrible noise, tough to find.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the shifting issue, is it when you are resuming from a slower speed, say from 20(the minimum btw) to 70? the computer will get to the set speed as quickly as possible most of the time, unless the difference isnt very large. but like jkelly said, it could need a flash.

the starting issue, i assume you are talking about a remote start system, yes? my first question with that is, is it a factory system? we can go from there.

and jkelly is right about the squeak, it is probably stuff shifting around and rubbing together after the car "settles in"

any more questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm sorry to here you are having troubles. Let me throw a couple questions at you too. Are you going down hill when the engine revs while the criuse is ingaged? The reason I ask is because the criuse will actually down shift the car to act as braking to keep from over speeding the set point. Freaked me out the first couple times it did it.

The squeaking noise I think a couple of us have been talking about on here. Is it more pronounced when first starting to drive and you are turning the steering wheel?
This is when I notice a creaking like an old ship sounds like it is right in front of you or your passenger depending on what side of the car it is on. I believe it is coming from the beerings on the top of the front spring purches that allow the springs to rotate as you steer. They are right on the other side of the firewall infront of you so it does almost sound like it is in the car.

My two cents or food for thought. I hope you are able to get it figured out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The squeaking noise I think a couple of us have been talking about on here. Is it more pronounced when first starting to drive and you are turning the steering wheel?
This is when I notice a creaking like an old ship sounds like it is right in front of you or your passenger depending on what side of the car it is on. I believe it is coming from the beerings on the top of the front spring purches that allow the springs to rotate as you steer. They are right on the other side of the firewall infront of you so it does almost sound like it is in the car.

My two cents or food for thought. I hope you are able to get it figured out.
I have this same issue of creaking when turning the steering wheel. It doesn't always do it. I've had it to the dealer 3 times this month, 6 times over the course of the year. They initially thought the jounce bumps needed to be greased in the strut. That did not solve it either. Its a rubbery creaking noise as I turn the steering wheel. Moving or stationary. I "hate" noises in my cars.... https://youtu.be/HpYx-PQ-02A

-Muzzysgirl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts