Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how easy or how hard it is to replace a headlight on these newer darts? or is a visit to the dealer required?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Do you have Halogen/Xenons bulbs or HID? HID are high voltage and the circuit can hold voltage even with the lights off and the ignition off. If you have HID take it to your dealer. If you have Halogens/Xenons they are removed through a port in the back of the housing. Halogen is a HIR2, Xenon is a D3S. I doubt bulbs are covered under warranty unless you have really low miles and there was something defective.
I live on a gravel road and the vibration causes me to go through bulbs every year or so. Youtube can be your friend. I have found out how to do so much from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i recently went to dealer to find out what kind of lights were on my car specific to the vin. they said halogen on the head lights which in their own ways r good. :) i have my preference to what kind of lights to have on it, but i'll just wait till warranty expires to mess with it till then. i'd like to thank you guys for the reply's. :) the chrysler dodge dealer nearest us was like 30 - 45 miles from us, now expanded and added another to same city as us. cool. now can to it tool awesome!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if there were something difective, would that be hard to prove .... or? i've had people that have said bulbs r bulbs and they will go when they want. yeah, i understand that and i have had some go out in a weeks time and less. talking about defective, i had one go out right when i put it in, and the tried using the fingerprint line one me a few years back. but that was on a differant car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts