Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a New 2013 Dart in February of 2013. From the get-go I had reoccurring problems coolant leaks, burning smell and loud blower sound, static on the radio, and warning lights coming on for no apparent reasons. I went through three dealership's service departments before I found one that could diagnose the problems and fix them right the first time. This dealer not only fixed the problems but also picked up 12 flash up dates of problems that came with this vehicle from the factory. This vehicle should have NEVER gotten out the door through Chrysler/FCA quality controls. In my opinion. If Chrysler puts their name on a vehicle, they should make sure that whoever they are in bed with at the time of production maintains a high standard of quality period. I almost lemon lawed a car that I really love.

·
Registered
284 Posts
welcome to the forum. sorry about your problems.

did they fix everything wrong? are you still having problems?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All is Good, I hope it stays. I love this car. Too many problems that should have been caught at the factory quality control

·
Registered
284 Posts
it was a first year car. new platforms have those bugs. i dont see why your mad, you should have expected some problems with a beta car. honestly if it was a toyota or honda no one would care. im sure the CR-Z had just as many problems when it was released and you never hear about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you come away with that I was mad? Frustrated is more like it. This is not the first, first year car that I have ever owned that was made by a Chrysler affiliate. I owned a Dodge Colt and Neon. I had both as a "Platform Car" and with neither did I experience the mechanical problems or the absolute insolence that I experienced with the first dealer service manager that I dealt with. I was told that I purchased a car that was made to be given as a high school graduation gift, to the graduate, as their first "new car" The second dealer service manager repaired my vehicle to perfection and also found 12 other small problems and took care of them before they could become big problems. This service manager, not me, made the remark that "the vehicle should have never got out the front door of the factory" I agree with him completely. As far as Toyota goes....... I remember not too long ago when the accelerators were supposedly sticking and causing crashes, later it was found that the drivers were actually kicking the floor matts between the floor and the accelerator and causing the problem. That was in the news media for months, so people do care about defects or supposed defects in other brands. In closing as I said I truly love this car. I also said its fixed now, and I hope it holds. I had problems when the car beginning at 4,000 miles, and it took 2 dealers and 20,000 miles to get it made right, and that's much too long. This was a New, not Used car, and furthermore, the design, engineering, and dynamics of this car are not much different from the Ford Fusion or Kia Optima, and also the car is produced by Fiat, so I don't really see the "platform car" first year connection either, unless you mean sloppiness in production. All of the above I have based on my actual experience with the vehicle, the manufacturer, and the first dealer. Thanks for reading this, have a Happy New Year. Best of Luck with your Dart!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts