Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm brand new to the site. So I'll tell a bit about my dart. It's a 2014 GT, 2.4L, 6 speed manual in redline 2. I ordered her back in October and it finally got to the UK in January. I absolutely love the car! I couldn't be happier. I was originally going to order a 2013 Rallye, but I'm so glad I held out. I have been following this site for sometime now just to see any updates on aftermarket parts. I finally decided to join. I'll hopefully be soon making her even more my own after I start throwing some custom stuff onto it. I'll post pictures later but for now I just wanted to say hey to everyone!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey back at you and welcome to the Z. Glad you finally joined us. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey mate! Welcome to the site! I lived in the UK for four years (from '04 to '08) and I' LOVE to go back... Where abouts you from? I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath down in Suffolk. Did you get your Dart converted for the steering to be on the "right" side as I don't remember a lot (if any) Dodge's over there that wasn't brought over by Americans.. If it is converted I am definitely excited to see pictures!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome !, I was surprised to see a Dart in the UK, are you Military? order on base? Im from the Uk and met my wife while she was stationed at Lakenheath, now I'm in Mountain Home Idaho! Big difference from the UK thats for sure 11,000 people and half are military lol.
I just picked up a 2014 2.4 sxt Rallye , had to go auto as the wife won't attempt to drive manual (her words were, do you want me to F up your new car?) i love the gear select option on the auto box. i hope with a cold air inlet and exhaust this thing will bark.. how is the manual for power? i was wondering the other day about that.. i never bothered test driving one because i knew i would want one..
Keep us updated with the mods you find!
Cheers.
Oh, this car would be real good fun on small B roads :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys sorry about the delay! But to answer questions, yes I am military. Still getting used to the Z :p
I did order it through the AAFES car sales on base. And M0bius1 it is a left hand drive.

But I have been having some trouble with the lights after my light conversion was finished. Specifically my racetrack completely goes out when I brake, except for the left blinker. I'm going to post in the lighting section the full details if what the guy did to convert the lights, and what's wrong. But in the meantime any ideas? I'm thinking it's the wiring.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's more than likely the way they spliced in the "conversion" for your lights, since there HAS to be a fog light and yellow turn signals.... whoever did your conversion probably spliced it hap-hazardly. Check the splices and see if something is grounding out.. or if they cut a wire to 're-route it properly' like they did with my Tiburon when I brought it over there. You didn't have that done in Brandon MOT station... did you? LoL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, we were googling around and saw your post about your Dodge Dart in the UK. We just got to RAF Mildenhall and have the same car, which should be getting here in the next week or so.

Just wanted to ask if you ever had your light conversion problem fixed and who would you recommend we take it to for the light conversion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts