Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. Hello, I purchased a 2.0L automatic in February, 2013 in Lansing, MI. I just did my first oil change on Saturday, light came on at 7,636 miles. I purchased 5 quarts of Mobil-1 Full Synthetic 0W-20 and a Fram Extra Guard XG10060 filter. I guess you can say it was my first solo oil change, I had always either had my dad helping me or taken my other cars to quick change places. With this being a new car and using synthetic, I wanted to do it myself. Other than some trouble getting the stock oil filter off, I think the oil change was a success. I drove it a little bit since Saturday, about 340 miles, with no problems. This morning (Wednesday), I dropped my wife off at work and after starting the car noticed the check engine light is displaying. I have no idea if it has anything to do with the recent oil change or if it is just coincidence. I have an OBD2 scanner that I used with my previous cars, so I hooked it up to get a DTC but every time I try to scan, the scanner is giving me a link error. I may just drive down the street to Auto Zone and have them give it a try, I need to drop off the old oil and filter anyways. On that note, does anybody know if there is some special way for the dart to display DTCs without needing a scanner? The car is under warranty, so I'll probably call the dealership just down the road, but I am curious so I wanted to try and get the code first. Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Did you reset the service indicator after you changed the oil? Oh and welcome from the PNW aka WA.

·
Administrator
1,261 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Not sure if this will work but give it a try.

1. Get in the car, close the door.

Perform steps 2-6 fairly quickly (less than 3 sec's total time). (The key should not return to the OFF position through this next sequence!)

2. Turn key to 'ON' position
3. then back to 'ACC'
4. then to 'ON'
5. then back to 'ACC'
6. then to 'ON'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I had reset the oil change due message by performing the 3 accelerator presses in 10 seconds with the key in the Run position. The light is not an oil light, it's definitely check engine. I went to Auto Zone and had them pull the codes.

P050B - Cold start, there is a TSB / RRT for this listed which suggests erasing and reflashing the PCM with new software fixes the issue.

18-002-13
SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination P000B, P050B and/or P2173. Includes Driveability/Transmission
Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) with new software.
MODELS:
2013 (PF) Dart
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.0L engine (sales code
ECK) built before December 21, 2012 (MDH 122118).

U0140 - Lost communication with BCM (Body Control Module)

Not finding much on the BCM issue other than another poster on a different forum who had a bad oil pressure sensor.

Taking the car into the dealership today, so I'll update tonight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my only complain with the 2013 dodge dart, i have had two computor upgrades from dealer, now need another, the a/c varies from 36-46 sitting at dealer say its just how it was built no fix now, sat radio no fix? u connect no fix at this time,
dealer didn't tell me first oil change was free.....
thank you for the info, i will reset mine, does it work if the light hasn't come on yet?? as i change my oil about every 4k so just did my first one....out here in Washington State, Seattle, we have to wait two weeks to get an update to my car appointment only!!! i can't just take it in the next day...... doesn't work that way...... shop is lines with dart doing updates....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Who is your dealer dartonthego? I got mine at Reardons in Kirkland WA. Had pretty good experience with them and thier other store in Monroe. I know you can do the express service for oil and some other services but yeah it still takes an appointment for problem help. The service tech I deal with said that you can reset the service indecater even if it isn't elluminated. I haven't been notified of any bulitins that aply to my dart yet and so far the only trouble I have had was a power control module that manages clock,radio and fan speed memory when the car is powered up which was fixed. Sorry to hear the troubles you are having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts