Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a set of HID headlights yesterday to my Dart. My initial impression is that it'll be a major improvement on light output. I'm just hoping that I don't encounter the typical ballast fatalities that have been known to happen with FCA vehicles.

I went with this kit from DDM Tuning. I got the 35W kit in 4500K.

I had initially planned (and tried) to have them installed, as I didn't really have the time to do it myself. The dealer's body shop said that they couldn't do it, as there were issues with the connectors (there wasn't any issue). I finally had the time yesterday and a few days ago to look into it.

The tech support at DDM Tuning was top notch, and they were great as far as working with me, making suggestions, etc.

Two things of note: The polarity was reversed for some reason my car. I gather from several YouTube videos that this is not uncommon. I had to flip one of the plugs going from the bulb socket on the car to the ballast in order for things to work. The other thing of note was that these lights are direct from China, they are not shipped from DDM. If I had known this when I purchased them, I might have looked for a different kit.

All in all I am pleased with the results. I guess that only time will tell if they hold up to the test of time.

Exco

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
Almost everything I've seen HID related is from China. The guys here are ordering from them and just packaging here. On the plus side of this is you can get replacement parts (same part) off Ebay from them for about 1/3 the price of what you paid the distrubutor here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts