Dodge Dart Forums banner

Hot smell through vents

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ericw 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 GT (2.4 with automatic) and after driving a while I start getting a scent like something is HOT. I removed the engine cover and everything is dry. Checked the expansion tank and its at a normal level, as is the oil. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Eric

#4 ·
Me Too

I have owned my Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 Turbo, manual transmission for 26 months and still have that smell intermittently. I have taken the car to the dealer and they cannot duplicate. They know it is an issue so why won't they fix it till they can duplicate?

My warranty is almost over as I have 33000 miles on it.

#5 ·
I think there was an owner or two on here that had coolant leaks, Not big leaks so you probably wouldn't see the reservoir drop a lot for a while. Seem to remember they had a hard time finding where it was coming from because it was a small amount an evaporated away before they could find it. It only takes a little coolant on a hot engine to get that smell.
Look through the threads or search coolant leak. I don't remember If it was a 1.4l or not. Don't give up. If you find it take pic to show dealer and make them fix it.

#7 ·
Sorry I've been absent guys!!!!
It was the oil pressure sending unit leaking.
As far as the radio, I've taken it back and on the 4th time they replaced the radio. Now I have 600 miles left on original warranty the radio screen turns white AGAIN and restarts. going to call Chrysler Cust Service and file a complaint because this is an issue that started some time ago and now that the warranty is almost out, I want it covered till its fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.