Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I purchased my 2013 in April of 2014. It seems to be fully loaded but I don't know if I have the H.I.D. lights or not. Does anyone know how I would be able to tell? Thank you in advance, you're a life saver. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
The easiest way would be if you could get ahold of your build sheet. I believe most service departments can get this for you, and I think it's even available through the owner's section of the Dodge website... you'll just need your VIN.

You can do the unscientific method as well.. turn on your lights and look at 'em. Most HIDs won't have the same yellowish hue that most halogens have, others are quite obviously HIDs through their superior light output and/or color

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best time to try and figure out if you have HIDs or not is at night. Simply turn them on and normally HID lights will flicker some and the light output will fade to their brightest while regular halogen bulbs will just turn on with a yellowish white light.

On my car I noticed it has projection head lights already but not HIDs, that's going to be one of the 1st upgrades I do on my Dart.

·
Registered
138 Posts
...but not HIDs, that's going to be one of the 1st upgrades I do on my Dart.

HID upgrades on Dodge vehicles are not impossible, but they do tend to be difficult and often a PITA, as EVERYTHING is controlled by the computer, and the computer tends to get pissed if you try to upgrade your lights..

Be sure to look carefully and do your research before you purchase an HID kit, as not all of them will work correctly

Exco

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Things are a lot different between my '00 Dodge Dakota Sport and this '13 Dodge Dart Rallye mainly because of all the technology that are put into cars these days. I'll definitely do the research before buying, might even toss a few questions about the topic later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts