Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a Silver 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye last year around this time. I had the car for a month and the engine light came on. I took the car in to the dealer. They said that they would call me back with the details. Six hours later I received a call from the dealer and was told that the piston chambers had metal shavings in them and the sensors were coated with metal shavings. I ask what was the next step and they told me that they needed to replace the engine. I received my car back 28 days later. I was driving the car and everything seemed okay. I parked it and four days later I noticed that the car was leaking oil. I took it back to the dealer and they told me that the valve gasket blew out. At this point I lost my mind. I contacted Chrysler directly with no lawyer. I told them what was going on. They opened a case file and told me that someone would get back to me in 4-6 days. I received a call in 2 hours. They started the process of buying my car back. I went back to the dealer and was able to pick out another Dart. I went from a Dart Rallye to a Dart SXT Special Edition. The new car has been great. No problems. This process took about three months from start to end. The catch was that I called everyday to make sure they kept on pushing the process forward. I had to stay on the dealer and the Chrysler Buy Back Manager to make sure that they were communicating and that the buy back was going through. It was a tiring process but I got a bunch of special features to my car out of it. Koodos to the Chrysler Corporate Office not so much the dealership. Joe - Phoenix, Arizona

·
Banned
106 Posts
Great!!! But how ridiculous you had to put yourself through all of that!!! You bought a NEW CAR!!!!! And buy the way, with a Lemon Law lawyer you would have gotten the same end result only a lot quicker, and for FREE!!! Best of Luck with your new Car!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New engine @ 8k ?!?!

Today I went to get an oil change at the dealership...on the way there, ironically, my CEL came on...I had them check it and I was told the code was for cylinder misfire and they would need to replace the engine...I've heard that others have had this issue but their dealer just replaced the coil or plugs but eventually it misfires again. I was soooo scared buying a dodge bc I'm from a honda family but I traded my 2000 accord V6 for the 2013 dart sxt 2.0 thinking that since it was brand new I'd be ok...now 8, 000 miles later I wish I had bought another honda. I will never be completely comfortable driving this car from here on....they gave me a rental 2014 charger SE which isn't bad, wish I could trade the dart for one but I know I can't afford to do that...so I am waiting and very disappointed with dodge and kicking myself for leaving honda...hindsight truly is 20/20 : (

1 - 3 of 3 Posts