Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest daughter totalled her mom's Mitsubishi EVO last month so I had to buy the wife something new. Before I even started looking she told me straight up "I don't want a mom's car". So I bought her a 2016 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Blacktop with a 6-speed manual and added a few touches. First we added a rear pylon spoiler, a front chin spoiler and hash stripes. I'll paint the brake calipers red this weekend. The should make it sporty enough, what do ya think?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka Washington. Great pics of the wife's new ride, looks awesome with what you have done so far. Your vette looks pretty sweet too!

Is the hood factory, haven't looked at whats available on the new darts these days.

Red calipers are gonna really look good.

Thanks for joinin.
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hood is factory. I'm told it's a brand new option that has only recently become available. The "Sport Appearance Hood" is a $495 option (sticker). I'm new to Darts so I'm still trying to learn about them.

The real bargain was the rear spoiler which I picked up from The Spoiler and Wing King for $109. That price includes painting, shipping and a lifetime warranty. That's a lot of bang for the buck. The spoiler was easy to install and took about an hour. Anyone with a hand drill, screw driver and patience could easily install one. My thoughts were that is the spoiler which should be an option from Dodge.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah the spoiler is a screamin deal. It just isn't the style I'm looking for. It really looks good and I've seen them up close. I just want something more conforming to the shape of the rear like the charger spoiler. Your Dart definitely has a great look.
I have been looking for a hood with the right look like yours for a while.

Besides painting the calipers do you have any other plans?
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Besides painting the calipers do you have any other plans?
The main reason I joined this forum was to learn what all the cool kids were doing to their Darts. I'll do more to the car as I get ideas of what others are doing to theirs.

:cool:

·
Registered
768 Posts
That looks good. What does it say on the caliper cover?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Welcome to the Z family! Love the red!!! nice touch!! This is a bad ass car!! Coming from a mom of 3- I get it and this is so not a typical moms car, does she love it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts