Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I wish I were joining this forum under happier circumstances. I've read a whole lot about the 2013 1.4 Turbo having strange issues. My 2013 6-speed Ralleye with 5k on it is now at the dealer with an overheating issue. Has anyone had or heard of this. The dealer seems to have no clue. I have the 2.0 Tigershark and I love the car. Help!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Yeah wish you weren't having trouble with your ride. Haven't heard of the 2.0 overheating. Maybe someone will pipe in. Enjoy the site.

·
Banned
106 Posts
The 2013 Dart has cooling system issues a plenty, usually do to leaking at the thermostat gasket and housing as well as the hose clamps where they are attached to the hose. It took the dealer 8 months and 4 trips where my car was kept overnight twice for up to three days! The car is nice , great mileage great looks and power but a lot of small issues that become big issues when the dealer cant or wont fix them. I have had blower motors burn out and sound system issues too. The dealer always needs at least two tries to fix them. In NJ where I live the consumer is protected by Lemon Laws. My Dart has made the grade of Lemon under the Law, and the consumer gets a free lawyer to handle the case against Chrysler. If I have the same problem now after the dealer has had three tries... I either get a New Car or money to purchase a competitors car. From what I understand, all the bugs have been worked out of the 2014 Dart. Chrysler has always had problems with turbo and Hemi engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really love that car and ive already told Chrysler 3 strikes and you're out. I stayed away from the 1.4 as much as I wanted it for this very reason. You know what they say about best laid plans....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts