Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT "blacktop" edition. Black 18 inch wheels, black interior, pitch black exterior. It has the Multi-Air 2.4l with a 6 speed automatic transmission. I had the car for not even a day yet and I love it. Looking to do a few mods to it, CAI, exhaust, smoked headlights, black taillights, and a programmer. If you any of you all have any ideas on CAIs or good sounding exhausts feel free to let me know. I was a Dodge Ram owner before so I know what big v8 sound good with but like I said, I'm a NEWBIE.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Thanks for joining us. Congrats on the new Dart. Love to see a pic. Enjoy!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks great! I like the black wheels. I have the 17" that I painted. I will be looking to upgrade to the 18" 5 spoke style like you have when my factory tires wear out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome to the forum, please.feel.free to ask questions.we will do our best to help out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I like your 17 inch wheels. Did you dip them?
Nope, $20 for 3 cans of rust-o-leum semi gloss black and 1 can of hi-temp red for the calipurs from Home Depot.

They turnout out pretty good. The rears are starting to show some rock chips an I have a curb rub on one of the fronts but hey for $20 and my time I'm not complaining. Tires are hardly starting to show wear at 28K so I guess I will just have to spray them again in spring.

Paint is perminant but I like how they turned out. A lot of people are using the Plasti Dip. www.DipYourCar.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't beat that for $20. They look really good. I noticed the other day when I was cleaning my wheels that there was marks around the rim, I never curbed my wheels so it had to come from factory that way. I've been looking at spring/summer wheels and just use the factory wheels for winter. Bought some smoked plasti dip and glossifier from there for my headlights, but it was my first time trying it so I didn't do to hot of a job. Gotta wait till spring to try it over.

·
Registered
284 Posts
got a new company making tunes(real time tuning) for the 2.0 and 2.4 they are called HPSI motorsports. great guys been out since 1982. they will have the tune up around Jan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Orange GT for letting me know. I've been looking for something to help with my throttle response. IMO, it's got a slight delay. Where did you get your injen CAI for the 2.0 and how was it modifying to make everything fit your 2.4?

·
Registered
284 Posts
the bracket was easy to make. i got it from the hardware section in walmart.

this was my first try.

here is what i ended up doing. the bushings are engery suspension from advanced auto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts