Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 dart 1.4 turbo and I've had an Injen CAI on for about a year and a half and recently my check engine light (MIL) came on. I took it to the dealer and the code they scanned was p0299 which I believe they said was creating too much boost. They said if it came on again I would have to go back to a stockair intake. Now two weeks later the light came back on, has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently had trouble with the check engine light coming on and my mechanic said it was a code related to the turbo and was most likely caused by the CAI. Hadn't had a problem for roughly 3000 miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run a K&N SRI have had it for 2 years and 40,000 miles, never a check light. I might be wrong but too much boost would be coming from the wastegate and computer not getting rid of built up boost??? like I said just spitballing here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
overboost

I can't understand why a mechanic would tell anyone a CAI that they've been using for thousands of miles was suddenly causing an overboost situation when the CAI has nothing to do with boost to begin with. I'd find a new mechanic! Has the wastegate been adjusted? If so, did you adjust past +5mm? If so, then you went too far and the ECU is recognizing overboost, and likely pulling boost from you. The car is designed to not tolerate overboost in any way. This system is very touchy in fact. I went to 7mm on my wastegate preload once, and it surged and lost power badly. I almost immediately went back to the 5mm. hook up a reliable boost gauge and start doing some testing. Also look at all your vacuum lines that hold boost pressure. Make sure your intercooler piping connections are very tight, and take it from there. But the CAI is not causing your problem, I can 100 guarantee that, unless that is one of its connections is loose or ill-fitted. Good luck tracking it down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts