Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved mine today. Gonna install thisweekend. Has anyone had any issies with theses? Like water grtting inside?

Also how exactly do u remove the front bumper?

·
Registered
60 Posts
you wont need to remove the fron bumper i don't have an Injen but i have a TORK Ms one and you just remove the fron passenger side tire and undo most of the screws holding the plastic water sheilding back and your good as gold. took me maybe 45 minutes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Once you seal it all back up you shouldnt be getting any water back there. I'm from Washington state near Tacoma and it rains practically every day and mines dry as a bone every time I check. One reason I chose tork over injen as well as the made a heat shield to go with their intake which could double as water protection.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking maybe i can just get a thin aluminum sheet and wrap it arpund the cone. Thatll stop water for sure. But will it also stop airflow. Hmm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
AEM used to sell a bypass filter for their cold air intakes. I dont know if they still do or not, but it should be compatible with any 2 piece intake. All you do is put in in between the two pieces of pipe, then in off chance the main filiter is submerged in water, or begins to soak up so much water it stops flow, the bypass filter takes over allowing the air to enter the intake tube from that spot.

http://www.aemintakes.com/air_bypass_valve.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you read the description of the bypass valva they say its not good with vehicles with forced induction. I cant say this is true but if they advise it id follow it. Plus like I said previously mine is dry always and I live in the pacific north west lol. So it rains loads here

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you read the description of the bypass valva they say its not good with vehicles with forced induction. I cant say this is true but if they advise it id follow it. Plus like I said previously mine is dry always and I live in the pacific north west lol. So it rains loads here

Yup you are correct. I didn't read it, just found the link and posted it. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The cai just fcked my whole car. Read the "majour critical problem" thread

I doubt it was anything the CAI itself did. All that does is bring air into the engine or in our case, turbo. Nothing more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Probably some bug or something because i really dont see how an intake could do that much damage and i've done some crazy stuff with cars. ha ha goood luck to you though

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would guarantee it didn't hurt it. Just because it happened right after you installed it means nothing. There was an issue inside that transmission an it went. But from all your posts, it appears that you aren't wanting to hear that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its just hard to believe. Thats all. I want to install this again. Im afraid tho cuz theyll get suspicious why i keep brraking the tranny. N theyll make me pay. I got the 3 codes off them

1: fork A unrequested movement
2: invalid data recieved from ABS
3: internal control module torque performance

All tranny related errors.

I was thinking maybe the MAF got messed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have had the same intake on for over 4 months now and have had zero problems. I also have the injen intercooler pipes, ported throttle body, and a electronic cutout. No issues

1 - 20 of 23 Posts