Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just put in an Injen cold air intake I purchased from modern performance. After completing the install and making sure everything was completely back together, I turned the vehicle on and I am now getting the CEL and my remote start will start and then shut off after about ten seconds. I took the car to auto zone for them to check the code, but the guy said there wasn't any codes being thrown to his reader. Either his reader is broken or something is very wrong with the car. I also had took both battery terminals off for about half hour to try ad reset the computer but no luck. Has anyone had or having this problem? Or does anyone have an idea of what happened or any advice other then bringing the car in to the dealer.

· Administrator
1,269 Posts
Possibly an advanced code that a standard scanner won't read. Need to make sure they can read advanced codes. Also seen instances where CEL is on with no code but can't explain that. If you had to disconnect any wiring during the install I would double check those connections and make sure a pin or something did not get bent.

· Registered
193 Posts
Possibly an advanced code that a standard scanner won't read. Need to make sure they can read advanced codes. Also seen instances where CEL is on with no code but can't explain that. If you had to disconnect any wiring during the install I would double check those connections and make sure a pin or something did not get bent.

^ if it worked prior to you installing the CAI it's probably a disconnected sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.