Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing the Hot/Cold side piping does the front bumper need to be removed? How difficult was the install for anyone who has these installed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You do not need to pull off the front fascia. Drop the belly panels and jack up the front of the car or put on a lift. If you pull the radiator fan shroud, you can do the whole job from above. Just don't damage the radiator.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been able to swap out the IC piping on the 1.4 Turbo engine w/o removing anything other than the stock Piping. Takes me about an hour to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The hardest part for me was getting the clamps off, took me like 2.5 hours though. (without jackstands :( )

edit: Sidenote- I bought the Modern Performance pipes, and they are small, and the clamps were too big. I posted a slightly negative review, and they never posted it. Go figure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
agreed on the pipes and clamps on the MPx pipes. i also had issues with the boot going from turbo to piping fitting over piping also

·
Registered
147 Posts
I didn't have any issues with the Clamps on the Injen piping. Getting the stock clamps off was a bitch though. I'm having trouble getting the stock Clamp off of the stock throttle body hose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't have any issues with the Clamps on the Injen piping. Getting the stock clamps off was a bitch though. I'm having trouble getting the stock Clamp off of the stock throttle body hose.

Did you have any issues at all when installing your intercooler piping? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a easy breezy install or not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Other than the removal of the stock hose clamps, no. I had plenty of room to maneuver while installing the Injen set. I raised the car on ramps and if you open the 2.0 Oil Filter flap, you'll be able to access the bottom of the Hot side pipe with ease. Double check how time you make the clamps though, don't want them popping off.

·
Registered
284 Posts
just remember to spray hair spray on the ends of the pipes before you install them to help hold them in place. sounds weird, but i heard it somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts