Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the intercooler piping yet? How much of a gain does it really give? Is it huge power? Big difference? I want to do it but I don't know if anyone else has done it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to be ordering the MPX intercooler piping Friday. I will be posting results once I get them and there installed. Hoping the reports are true. Trying to keep up with my buddy's cobalt.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope you don't have the DDCT automatic. The cold side pipe has issues with the transmission reservoir. Plus the assembly was poorly done at the welds, lots of slag. But, you get what you pay for, this one is the cheapest.
Tork Motorsports has a nice set-up that they are still working on where you can purchace individual pipes, the most gain is on the hot side pipe. Dane Racing Products has a set-up that they are still working on that will replace those long rubber ducts at the inter-cooler with short stubby couplers and the pipes each have only 3 bends to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already installed the MPX, what a difference! No no I have 6 speed manual...sorry don't do auto..lol, thanks for the heads up. Yeah I seen the ones from tork, but I ordered the MPX because a buddy of mine ordered it and was amazed at the difference. So I ordered and I mean it's a real noticeable dfference in power. I love my MPX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MPX piping

glad to hear that you liked the MPX, i'm about to order that setup. I did the Injen cold air intake already.

ModernPerformance.com has alot of nice things for the Dart 1.4L Turbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The MPX does add a noticeable increase...still need to replace the FMIC though...power goes away after a couple hard 1st - 4th pulls :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did the Injen intercooler piping and it is deffinately a noticable differance in power. Feels alot better, but the intercooler is the weakest part of our turbo system, so honestly if I had to do it over again I'd do the intercooler first then the pipes. It's expensive, but after seeing the numbers about the air temps, I'm convinced that our stock intercooler is the reason for low power output.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ahhh, I need to get on this setup asap. Tork offers a combo package for $250 for the FMIC and hot/cold side piping...just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
173 Posts
$250 for the intercooler and piping? Wow their intercooler alone is $449.99

·
Registered
314 Posts
Woops, sorry, misquote! Yeah the combo is the hot/cold side piping, my bad!!! That would be a STEAL.

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
What is the actual website to look at this new FMIC from Tork?

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am currently waiting on my intercooler to ship, I CANT WAIT! I will have it installed this weekend, and I also got my exhaust done, From what I hear with my intake intercooler piping exhaust and intercooler I should be atleast 30WHP over stock. The intercooler is said to add 20WHP and 20 WTQ if you have the upgraded piping, So I will post a review once installed and let everyone know!

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
What about installing this new SILA FMIC if you already have Injen IC piping? Is this compatible? I'm getting my list together to order all these pieces so when I get back home from overseas, everything is waiting to be installed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
From what Madness told me about this Sila intercooler, they do not believe the Injen piping will work. Now he did not go into detail about why or why not. All he said was, "Having never tried this combo, I cannot comment on it either way, but I do not believe the piping is compatible." I've studied the Sila intercooler in pictures only, but it looks like it's just heavy duty hose that connects the intercooler to the piping, so I would think it would be ok with the Injen intercooler pipes. Don't quote me however since I've yet to try it.

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
From what Madness told me about this Sila intercooler, they do not believe the Injen piping will work. Now he did not go into detail about why or why not. All he said was, "Having never tried this combo, I cannot comment on it either way, but I do not believe the piping is compatible." I've studied the Sila intercooler in pictures only, but it looks like it's just heavy duty hose that connects the intercooler to the piping, so I would think it would be ok with the Injen intercooler pipes. Don't quote me however since I've yet to try it.
hmmm....damnit...I like the Injen way more then the Madness...and honestly I believe that's their way of trying to get you to buy their product over Injen...but like you don't quote me...just my opinion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i was told by tork that the pipe size is part of the cause I'm not a hundred percent if that is correct but that is how i took it from them. and so far all i have learned form them has been pretty spot on. I still think IMO that the smalle FMIC would be the smarter choice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The pipe size is part of the cause of the.....? Higher temp? The reason the intercooler wont match the Injen pipes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys quick question...I have a cold air intake and a JDM stage 3 chip ( which I don't think has done a thing). I have noticed after about 4-5 1st through 4th hard pulls it feels like I lose power???? I also feel a bit of a rough idle. Anyone having the same issue if so how did you fix this PLEASE HELP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts