Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I do anything to this car its going to be all out. That said I recently found in my research that the engine is extremely over square at 88x82 in comparison the ecoboost is 87.5x83.1 so maybe there is hope that this engine will do well with a turbo. As it sits I do like the engines happiness to rev and the auto gearing is nice and tight in manual mode. It clearly sucks for torque in the 3200 lb car so I have to drive it at 70 just to keep it in its powerband. Also I think the design hurts the MPG. Its the same bore as the 2.4 I think they just did that for easier manufacturing and didn't think or care how it affected the 2.0.

I wouldn't mind turbo or go all motor (bolt ons)
I am planning to give RRM a call as I have the money

The two things I am wary of are clearly running a turbo on the auto which is why I still have to call RRM to figure that out. The other thing is looking at moderns website they don't really have any HARD evidence for improvements on the 2.0 and even if FULL BOLT ONS work which im sure they do to a point I am afraid they will only improve the engine strengths of REVYNESS and not do much for lower rpms.

If none of this pans out I will just save my money for now and spend it on a faster car later. Overall I do like my car and it does it's Job well. Also I can only have one car where I live now. When I bought the car it was cause I needed a new one real bad and it was the Right Dart and I was already looking at darts before so it worked out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the Dart isn't a fast car, it was built for economy.
If you are wanting a fast, small car I'd look for a used SRT-4 neon or something like that.
You would be money ahead rebuilding a used vehicle, and the previous owner probably would have purchased the basic bolt-ons already.

Be aware that most of the vehicles that are 'fast' don't get the mileage the Dart does (34c/40h)

·
Registered
15 Posts
In short: no, it's not worth it.

Only thing worth doing to it is a nice turbo setup.

Anything else is a waste.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow clearly this is the worst dart forum and I choose to join it. Nobody here has any faith in this stuff.

Anyways, my ruff calculations put up to 40 HP gains with full bolt ons at around 2 grand and if its only good for 30hp heck that still beats the 100 per HP ratio by a long shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts