Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited Special Edition, Pitch Black. 1,200 miles, had it since December 31st.
Every option except chrome wheels. My question: Is your Dodge Dart straight?
The more I wash, wax,polish and detail my DART, I see what I consider more and more imperfections in the sheet metal and paint. Not dings or dents, but rather dips and waves in the body panels and a larger gap on one side of hood then the other.
I have asked a few dealers about this in my area and their answer is all the same: " all within factory tolerance". Granted you see a lot more with BLACK, but the rear door pinches from the assembly line hangers and orange peel paint and indents where the door handles are attached are just to visible. My wife of 30 years and I have always owned a Mercedes-Benz, and switched to a 2013 Hyundai GENESIS and a 2013 Dodge Dart. My GENESIS is Flawless as with my former MBZs, But my Dart is not good at all.
What about your DART? Any and all comments welcome.
Thanks for your replies in advance.
John:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
take it to your dealer
stuff like that is covered under warranty

i have had my dart for a whole day so far, so i havent had a chance to look for stuff like that lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I stated, I have taken my Dart to 3 different Dodge Dealers and one Chrysler Dealer and they all have replied with " yes, maybe a larger gap or a few dips in the sheet metal " however, all within factory tolerance. Not something that we can fix.

·
Registered
73 Posts
missed that part of your post, sorry

call chrysler and complain about those dealers
they are supposed to take pictures of the concern and submit it to chrysler directly, not make the decision themselves.

9 times out of 10 when a customer calls chrysler directly, the issue gets taken care of.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have noticed a larger gap on one side of my hood than the other and it sticks up higher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts