Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my names Chelsea and I just bought myself a dodge dart 2014 sxt rallye 2.4L manual about two months ago, and love it :) want to learn more from you guys and bounce some ideas off of you all. Getting windows tinted in a month, stancing in a year, bigger wheels and tires coming soon. Plasti-dip the hood and roof to black, paint the rims black, and get a wing. Let me know your recommendations. ohh and eventually going to put a new chip in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on your buy :] How much are you going to stance it? Picture for reference?

·
Banned
106 Posts
Just a Question

Not to be a kill joy but just wondering.......... You buy a Dodge Dart and the first thing you do is start to modify it to turn it into what you really wanted to buy? That may be fun, and make sense to many. This car seems to have quite a few problems to begin with, I'm just wondering if modifying this car will cause additional problems to arise, and will these modifications to the exhaust, air intake, engine etc. void or further limit the factory warranty from Chrysler? Just a couple of questions, thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not to be a kill joy but just wondering.......... You buy a Dodge Dart and the first thing you do is start to modify it to turn it into what you really wanted to buy? That may be fun, and make sense to many. This car seems to have quite a few problems to begin with, I'm just wondering if modifying this car will cause additional problems to arise, and will these modifications to the exhaust, air intake, engine etc. void or further limit the factory warranty from Chrysler? Just a couple of questions, thanks
the dart platform may have a few quirks that were worked out with the 2014 model over the 2013. and she has a 2.4 model. which so far i have have noticed has way less problems then the 1.4L. the 2.0 so far is the most reliable of the three with the 2.4 right behind it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not to be a kill joy but just wondering.......... You buy a Dodge Dart and the first thing you do is start to modify it to turn it into what you really wanted to buy? That may be fun, and make sense to many.
Not trying to sound like an ass here but... that is kind of the point of 'tuning' a vehicle... to make it unique to you!

This car seems to have quite a few problems to begin with, I'm just wondering if modifying this car will cause additional problems to arise...
Show me a vehicle that didn't have problems with the first years of a new generation. Every car has some sort bugs at some point in it's life... engineers are defenitely not perfect.

...and will these modifications to the exhaust, air intake, engine etc. void or further limit the factory warranty from Chrysler? Just a couple of questions, thanks
Yes, they will void the warranty that applies to the part that has been 'modified'. Unless, you swap the part back to the OEM part before taking it in for maintenance.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from a fellow PNW owner. Congrats on your new ride, it looks sweet. I love my Dart every day I drive it. When you get it tinted and start to plasti dip it post some more pics. We all love to see pics of peoples progress. Enjoy the site.

Reactions: M0bius1

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^ For this reason I LOVE this website! I am part of a 300ZX forum and if you even mention plasti-dip and your car in the same page people will flame the poop out you... Or if you call a wheel a "rim" you get ridiculed into oblivion.. Here, everyone's ideas a welcome and encouraged! No one destroys your ideas! It IS fantastic!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^ For this reason I LOVE this website! I am part of a 300ZX forum and if you even mention plasti-dip and your car in the same page people will flame the poop out you... Or if you call a wheel a "rim" you get ridiculed into oblivion.. Here, everyone's ideas a welcome and encouraged! No one destroys your ideas! It IS fantastic!!
That's what bothers me about a lot of car guys. You try to make your ride unique to something you like and they talk a lot of s*** about it. If they don't like it, they don't have to look at it. It's your ride. People should support other people's ideas. Why the hell would you want to hang out with 100 people that have the exact same car with the exact same rims, color, tint, etc... They have a rally and try getting into each other's cars I bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for saying hi :)

This is the stance I am wanting, along with that body kit.

and its funny how Dennis says that I bought a car to immediately modify it.. well, yeah I did. Wheres the fun in buying a car that you don't get to manipulate to your exact likings. Thats the best part of it all to me.

I will be sure to post lots of pictures once I begin the modifying journey!

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
That car is way low. And being from WA you know our great roads.:eek: You put a body kit on with that and you will be dragging on everything. I do like the rear diffuser I have seen. It makes the exhaust area look a lot better. Maybe a chin spoiler that changes the shape of the bottom edge of the front plastic without hanging down to much further.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Its a Mopar part that Ithought looked pretty cool but now looking at it again, maybe not. Just google image dodge dart diffuser. Looks like Duraflex has some body kit stuff for us that has a rear diffuser but not sure what they are doing with the exhaust. Check out www.carid.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI, installing aftermarket parts doesn't void the warranty unless it causes some sort of damage to other components. I.e.: you installed a CAI and neglected to clean and oil it so now your turbo has missing chunks or chips in the blades from trash getting through the intake, further causing the metal to go into your engine and scar your cylinder, wear out your rings, and cause you to blow a head gasket or ruin your valves... Keep up with that maintenance lol

No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts