Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that by replacing my filter with the k&n filter and putting it in the factory box while leaving the top off would work well for my car ... I have the 2013 limited 1.4 Lt turbo ( is there any other Lol) but I was just curious ... input anyone?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did something similar to an H22 I put in my 97 Civic hatch. I cut the bottom of the factory air box out so the K&N filter was exposed underneither. It sounded great, but I can't say it added HP like a CAI would.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I didn't think it would add like a CAI would but Atleast give the turbo some more air to it since the factory to me to rob the turbo of air intake .... I was thinking of just getting rid of the entire box together and just throwing on the k&n filter... I did here it sounds better tho... I'd love to get the whole injen cold air but the lil lady would prolly kill me Lol but thanks for the input

·
Registered
173 Posts
Anytime. Definitely getting rid of the stock air box will help. Those things are murder on any car, but they are designed to keep noise and power down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well than for now I think def have to do it than ... lil noise never hurt anyone... hopefully it will help the sound of the blow off plate too and the turbo... I guess u can call it the poor man mod

·
Registered
8 Posts
typhoon intake

We installed a K&N Typhoon intake on my son's 1.4 turbo, auto. trans. dart. Not a difficult install.(instructions warn about lost codes disconnecting the battery- no problem there). We took some dB readings from an iPhone app before as well as mpg and rpm readings. We now need to do the post install readings. You can definitely hear the turbo more now. I will not do the same install. I want it quieter. My son's seat of the pants feeling is better power with slight MPG increase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info.. I ended up doing a custom install myself with a spectre cone intake and keeping the ram air tube

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did you attach the filter to the stock tube? I thought about doing this also...but that stock tube is a little flimsy...feedback?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts