1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
any mpg improvement with the drop in?

·
Registered
173 Posts
There should be minimal to no improvement in MPG with a drop in. I'd say maybe 1-2 at most and that's being generous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put the K&N cone filter on 4 days ago. I do believe there is about 4 mpg improvement highway but not sure yet. cant keep my foot off the gas cause the turbo sounds so awsome now. plus alot of pedal pumps for blow off ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well just got my Injen CAI and installed as short ram for now. Will test a tank on my usual drive for the week and see what mpg will be. Stock I was getting on average 33 to 34 mpg for a tank. Will post when tank hits e to let you know difference. Driving is mostly highway (California)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well just got my Injen CAI and installed as short ram for now. Will test a tank on my usual drive for the week and see what mpg will be. Stock I was getting on average 33 to 34 mpg for a tank. Will post when tank hits e to let you know difference. Driving is mostly highway (California)
subscribed :D post the difference also please, as your 1.4 will get better mpg stock than our 2.0

·
Registered
20 Posts
So very shortly after my last post I received my injen CAI. So of course I had to install it. But I only istalled as a sri. That way filter would be getting hot air as a k&n would. Plus its the rainy season so I didn't want to worry about water. After a full tank I was pretty much running 34 mpg even. Better gas mileage defiantly if mainly highway. The big difference I noticed between the 2 setups is that it is a lot easier to kill gas mileage in stop and go than with stock. Could be because of filter placement and the fact that it is all hot air. Once driving though there is air flow and mpg shoots way up. Right after fill up I hit the highway and once at cruise for about 20 minutes i hit 37.5 mpg. Never touched that mark before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts