Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just bought a 2015 Dart SE in Laser Blue. I don't have fog lights and I'm not really interested in adding them per'se but I would like to swap out that 12 inch silver strip that is in the fog light bay for an LED bar or tube that I could use as a fog\driving light. I saw a video on YouTube of someone who added one to their existing fog lights and it looks pretty sharp however there wasn't a link back to where to purchase something like that. Has anyone already done this? if so, do you like it? Was it difficult? Where did you order parts?

Thanks,

Looking forward to playing with this car.

Joey

·
Registered
138 Posts
I see that this is your first post, welcome to the Z be sure to stop by the Newbie Check In section to get a proper welcome.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you want to add your own, after market LED style of fog/ driving lights.

There are various sources to buy these, from your local auto parts store to eBay, and large online "stores". There are other online stores and sites that specifically deal with LEDs, light bars, and the like. A google search should give you a significant amount of hits, and you can pick and choose what you like.

My car came with OEM fogs, so I'm speaking as someone who for years has enjoyed playing with lights in general and LEDs specifically. Please keep that in mind.

I think the hardest part would be finding the "prefect" light in both looks and size. The actual wiring and installation of what ever you find I don't think would be all that difficult, given some basic electrical knowledge. If you can find what you're looking for as a kit, then you won't have to worry about sizing the proper relay, finding a switch, or mounting hardware. If you're pretty handy, you can probably fabricate anything that you may need in the way of mounting hardware, and switches and relays can be had pretty easily at most auto parts or electronics stores.

good luck, and if you post a link to the YouTube video and/or some pics of what you're wanting to do, you might get a better response.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda like this although I don't need them to change colors with the blinkers. I went to Oracle Lighting and running a search for Dodge Dart didn't bring these up. A blanket search brought up some cut to fit tubes. That may be what I need to do. I like the look of the bar as opposed to the factory circular fog lights. Thanks for the help.

http://youtu.be/5V7w_Vja3fs

·
Registered
138 Posts
The video you posted wasn't real clear as to what the lights actually looked like. I think the point of the video was more to detail the features of being able to change color, etc.

I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding something that is similar to that shape. What I tend to do when I'm looking for a specific item is go to Google and do an image search. I have found that it's easier to pick through all the crap, when there are images, as opposed to clicking various links on a "standard" search results page.

Exco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts