Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my wife received a letter from a Lawyer in Texas I believe stating that records indicate that we own a Dart, and since there have been so many complaints about all the bugs? I.E. volt light , airbag light, electrical troubles, etc. they asked if we wanted to join in the suit to get monetary damages. I don't know about anyone else , but our Dart has been perfect since we purchased it back in May, sure there are going to be issues with any car but starting a suit on a car that is basicly a brand new car model... give me a break, look at GM is recalling cars back from 05 due to it shutting off due to bad ignition switches, which is blamed for 13 deaths... now that is a law suit, I think this guy is a ambulance chaser looking for a quick buck... because the reasons he mentioned are not enough in my opinion to start a law suit. Anyone else receive a letter?

·
Registered
73 Posts
no letter here
no word about it on the chrysler side either
i would avoid it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Attorneys like that give the profession a bad name! In some states solicitation letters like that would be an ethical violation.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Hey Pal, I own a Dart 2013 SE and have had nothing but problems with coolant leaks, bad blower motor, static and vibration from the radio, and other more minor things, that the dealer cant or wont fix, In NJ where I live the lemon law here says they get three tries to fix it, if they cant I get a FREE Lemon Law lawyer, that will get me a new car and punitive damages from Chrysler. My Dart just got its third strike on Friday. Chrysler doesn't get it........They have an Inferior product serviced by incompetent dealers and service techs that are really part changers, no wonder their sales are down. I plan on sticking it to them royally! They have tried to figure out why this car leaks or consumes coolant and they cant. This all started 8 months ago when the car was 4 months old. If I were you I would get rid of that Dart before you have big problems, or knock on wood. You are the first person I talked to that wasn't having problems. One person told me ....... "With Mopar you got NO CAR" Seems to be true, mine has been in the shop almost as much as its been on the road.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry to here all your troubles Dennis. Other than the one problem with a power module early on which the dealer and manufaturer corrected, my Dart has been trouble free.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry about your experience Dennis. That is what lemon laws are for. A far cry from a lawyer trolling registration data looking for business. Our Dart experience has been trouble free so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for your problems, No doubt there are bad dealerships that will pass the buck because warranty work does not pay enough to them, but they are suppose to represent the company, and if they can't or won't, find a dealer that will or call chrysler and file a complaint about the dealer. I am lucky where we purchased our car, the dealer here is a major player and takes care of us no matter what the complaint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
An all new model is gonna have its share of issues. Only issue I have had was the stitching on a seat cover started coming loose about 2 months after I bought it. Just another lawyer looking to suck some money from a company while giving pennies on the dollar to those who it really affected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts