Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting rid of my 2011 Road and Track Charger and getting a Dart GT with the 2.4 6 spd auto. I took a Dart Limited equipped with the 2.4 6 spd auto for a test drive. Is this the same engine, transmission, software tune that the GT has? Same gear ratio?

I liked everything except the lack of power. Should I venture back to the dealer when they have a GT on the lot?

Wish they would come out with the 2.4 turbo!!! Maybe??

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am considering getting rid of my 2011 Road and Track Charger and getting a Dart GT with the 2.4 6 spd auto. I took a Dart Limited equipped with the 2.4 6 spd auto for a test drive. Is this the same engine, transmission, software tune that the GT has? Same gear ratio?

I liked everything except the lack of power. Should I venture back to the dealer when they have a GT on the lot?

Wish they would come out with the 2.4 turbo!!! Maybe??
why? fuel consumption? get a beater / bike for commuting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
from what i have heard, the GT has a different overall gear ratio to be a little quicker than other cars with the 2.4 and either 6-spd
which would result in slightly lower mpg's as well as the sticker shows

·
Registered
18 Posts
the biggest difference you'll notice is in the suspensions. The GT has a much harsher ride with the 18" wheels and low profile tires. It does corner better than the Limited, but you give up the Limited's smoother ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I say get the GT, and then when they are released later this year get one of the Scat packages from Mopar.
Also if the ride quality is of concern to you (definitely feel the road in a GT; This is part of the "sport" suspension), then can replace the shocks with some soft ones by KM.

Honestly, I don't think any car will be 100% perfect for you right off the lot. I got the GT because it came the closest. I'll do some modifications to bring it from 97% perfect for me to 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts