Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my injen short ram cold air intake. Took it to drive to work the next day, and Bang!!!! Felt like i got hit from behind. No one hit me. Check engine light turns on, a quick error message pops up couldnt read it. Lost drivability. Its now in the shop.

I reinstalled old stock air filter before i brought it to shop via towing.

Wtf happen!! All u do is reconnect 3 hoses to new filter amd ur done. Wtf happen here...

·
Administrator
1,262 Posts
I doubt that the intake caused anything unless something was left inside the tube or filter and came loose. Did you get the CEL code?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car ran fine before installing cai. All lines were tight before and after problem. I didnt get any code idk what tgat is. A message cqme up but i didn't catch it

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm 100% possible the CAI itself had nothing to do with your failure. All the intake does is put air into the engine, and engines love all the air they can get. Now maybe a socket or small piece of something made it's way into the intake pipe during install and was sucked into the turbo. This I've seen happen.

You said your Check Engine Light came on, if it's still on you can have the code pulled and it will give you some information. Of course it wont tell you what happened, it'll just say misfire, intake air temp failure, something along those lines. Then you can start the process of elimination to find out what happend and what was damage. Since your car is already at the shop though, I imagine they've taken care of that already.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the dealership called me back and said they need to replace my transmission... how the heck would a CAI murder my tranny??

·
Registered
173 Posts
It didn't. Something else happened.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Theres a recall for duel dry clutch. Which mine is. And was manufacturer in the stated time period. So i think they need to fix my engine aswell.. But the dealer don't know that. Ic they don't fix the engine, then wnother tranny will get busted

·
Registered
29 Posts
Theres a recall for duel dry clutch. Which mine is. And was manufacturer in the stated time period. So i think they need to fix my engine aswell.. But the dealer don't know that. Ic they don't fix the engine, then wnother tranny will get busted

If the recall is for the stalling issue for auto trans as has been stated in another thread, then there is no way that is gonna bust a transmission.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was thinking maybe the Mass Airflow Sensor messed up the engine which messed up the tranny?? all the warm air coming in from the short ram, the MAFs wasnt able to do its job correctly with out being re calibrated by the ECU. thats myy guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts