Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I bought new 2014 Dodge Dart. Rally Package. with Uconnect. I wanted the Navigation feature. I Was told it should have it. After a whole bunch of research, I was told the new 2014 circuitry was not compatible with the Navigation Model. they don't even have a part#. There is no mention of this anywhere. and no idea if they will ever fix. Has anyone got a 2014 dart with the navigation installed and working?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh wow, I never hear of this.. but I'm in the same boat, got a 2014 but NO NAV. I've emailed my local dodge service asking for a quote to upgrade my 8.4 to the 8.4N (Nav) and haven't heard back from them. Hopefully someone chimes in that has a 2014 w/Nav

Update... I searched some new car inventory and there are 2014's with NAV. I just emailed a dealer asking to upgrade. I'll update when I get a response.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Thanks for joining us. Sorry to here that you didn't get what you wanted with the nav. Seems a little odd they would say there is a compatability issue with the new circuitry and the 8.4N. But I don't personally know. It would be ordered by the dealer from Dodge as it isn't something the dealer is going to want to install. There is more to it than just changing out the display unit. there is also the antenna and associated wiring. I know a lot of people have been talking about wanting an upgrade but I think if you went that route it would be expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, from what if have found out about the navigation on the 2013 and the 2014 Dodge Darts. the Navigation is a Stand Alone module that plugs in behind the screen. No need to swap the screen. That was the problem though. the screen and the rest of the cars controls are now different from the 13 to 14yrs. and the module no longer works on the 14year. as for antenna. that is just under the dash and is easily fitted. Garmin is supposed to be working on the module to work with the new year. but as of now. there is no fix. or part#. its a waiting game.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thats good to here. Hope they get you hooked up soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It seams like dealerships don't really know anything about anything! where is the support from these guys! i asked 2 different dealerships for a catalogue for parts and accessories and not one could give me one.. The only good thing about it is i would only be dreaming of upgrades so by the time stuff is available i might just have some money to spend lol...

·
Banned
106 Posts
I have a 2013 Dart and never got the XM Radio I was supposed to get, I did get the certificate for the FREE year of service. When I discovered the next the car didn't have the XM receiver, I called the dealer the salesman laughed and said hey that's on you, when you deal with a salesman like me that's been here for 21 years, you get bested. I called Chrysler and they told me that they don't even make the car, its junk, and I should have bought a real Chrysler car, and the dealer is a franchise and can do what they want, In short Chrysler SUCKS, and so do their cars!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts