Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after swapping out my Injen Intercooler Piping back to stock for a trip to the Dealership where they found a loose hose clamp on my Radiator, I have placed an order for the following parts: K&N Typhoon Intake, MPx Ported Throttle Body, MPx Lightweight Underpulley, and Flowmaster Catback Exhaust off of Modern Performance. Also picking up a Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 sensor to run the Torque App off of my phone for good measure. Once everything arrives I'll be taking a weekend for the Install and I'm fairly sure I'll have the fastest Dart in town and possibly the County. haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe in your town but defiantly not the country. There are people with over 200 whp already. And unless you have a tune to go with that stuff you ordered you won't be near that. But let me know how the pulley works. I'm curious for one myself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
County lol Not Country, there's no R in there. What do you estimate I'll be at before the tune?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh. Haha. I'm on my phone so I didn't see the lack of an r. Lol. With that stuff I may guess around 170. I would def look into a tune though. That's the biggest difference you will see.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, My only problem with the tune is that I can't just put it back to stock if something goes on with my car. lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just called Modern Performance. My order should be here tomorrow! Timing with my Oil change couldn't be better :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do. I don't suppose you know off hand what the AFR and Boost levels are in our cars stock? I also would like to know what would be considered optimal and/or dangerous to run AFR and Boost at. Thank you!

·
Registered
284 Posts
So, after swapping out my Injen Intercooler Piping back to stock for a trip to the Dealership where they found a loose hose clamp on my Radiator, I have placed an order for the following parts: K&N Typhoon Intake, MPx Ported Throttle Body, MPx Lightweight Underpulley, and Flowmaster Catback Exhaust off of Modern Performance. Also picking up a Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 sensor to run the Torque App off of my phone for good measure. Once everything arrives I'll be taking a weekend for the Install and I'm fairly sure I'll have the fastest Dart in town and possibly the County. haha
have you looked into an AEM wideband sensor and an boost gauge? both are good for turbo cars. and will help you with modding. you really want to see your AF ratios.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
have you looked into an AEM wideband sensor and an boost gauge? both are good for turbo cars. and will help you with modding. you really want to see your AF ratios.
I do plan on getting both. The set up I want is going to set me back around $350 though. I plan on using the Torque app with a wireless OBD2 sensor, currently en route to my house, in the mean time. I've read on other forums that it is fairly accurate and if I do upgrade from the free version of the app it will only set me back a total of $14. Should let me accurately monitor AFR and Boost while saving for the set up I plan on dropping the big bucks on. Should be a short term fix as I just started my part time job this weekend on top of my full time job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, the car part fairy in the big white truck stopped by :] Just gotta wait for the Bluetooth OBD2 sensor to arrive now. Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday at the latest.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use the dash command app. I don't have a wideband. I find the app works good enough. The only time I see a wideband necessary is if you are highly modded or running nitrous IMO. Or if you were tuning yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts