Dodge Dart Forums banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone more technical information regarding this mod?
I am curious what other changes will it do. They engineers had something in mind when they designed it like that...

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
If anyone is interested I was at the dyno with my Mustang yesterday and a guy brought in his Dart Rallye with this mod. The tuner said he's heard of the mod, but didn't believe it would make more power, so he tested the guys dart for free both with and without the mod.

Stock Dart. Made 0 increase in horspower and torque and it did not increase the power band or move the power around in the band. Did 3 pulls of each set up.

Oh and if anyone cares whp 166 stock 5400rpms, 180 tq 6200 so I think Dodge listed the actually HP not the rated which is cool. Oh but the boost, 22lbs in the peak RPM range! Can you believe that?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was told that it wont show any immediate differences but that over a long period of time it could cause damage to the turbo because the pressure on the cold side has nowhere to vent to after having let off the accelerator. again not facts but what i was told by a company near here that has been fabricating parts for our darts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've heard this too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know guys, I think the car is designed for a reason. The turbo is designed to have lag, that's why at 2500 rpm this car picks up immensely. My buddies old Volvo had turbo and it was the same way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I had someone do this to my car and instead he cut the pipe after the T and plugged it. Does anybody know where I can find a replacement pipe to reconnect it how it was factory?

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Lol we're still beatin this dead horse I see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to get it back the way it was before the guy messed with it. He cut off the metal tube or pipe that leads back into the intake and capped it off there. I just need to know the name of that part so I can purchase it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@iZimm27 ... so with all this good/bad idea talk question, how many miles have you now been running with this "mod"? still running strong?

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
@iZimm27 ... so with all this good/bad idea talk question, how many miles have you now been running with this "mod"? still running strong?
i'm up to 8K miles...i drive an hour to and from school everyday...

·
Registered
15 Posts
3/8 cap, correct? gonna try this tomorrow :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did this, it helps bottom end torque

I have had my Dart for 1 week and have thought that the 0 to 5 MPH range needs some help. So I thought that I would give this a try. It was very easy and I had some plugs already that were the correct size so it took maybe 10 minutes.

As others have said, it definitely makes a difference. In my case, I notice it mostly from a dead still take off. Can't notice as much difference if I'm rolling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am sorry to say this does not do any thing to support boost lag or boost fall off these are controlled by other valves connected to the turbo and the computer tells the valves what to do. What it will do is increase the boost when the turbo turns by how much I don't know. To me this is over boost protection or blocked boost and to make sure you don't blow the engine or turbo. IF you trace the lines this valve does nothing because the line loops right back to the front of the turbo intake. They also loop back onto one another again and go into a control valve between the firewall and engine. That valve on top looks like a pressure switch or it could be a transducer.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts